It was our first visit to Montenegro. We stayed at this place from July 12 till July 21.
Just so everyone understands first of all - it's not a hotel in your regular vision of the hotel! It is big villa complex, beautiful territory with flowers and greens, so you still live on the villa but it's operated by the hotel.
Overall our villa (we stayed in Villa Kana A) obviously recently undergone some cosmetic renovation and was pretty and clean both from inside and outside. We didn't have the balcony but most of the balconies were not what you expect from it so not having it was totally fine. Infrastructure around us was really very good, you don't have to leave the hotel area to find all kinds of shops, and what amazed the most - some of them have even lower prices than the ones outside the hotel. So if you're looking for a cheaper bottle of wine no need to go too far) It takes about 5 minutes to reach the beach but the fact is the beach near by is always super packed and the water didn't seem too clean. So we walked about 20 mins to the beach in Old town and that was totally worth it as the water there was crystal clear and clean and the beach was a lot better than Slovenska plaza.
Ok, a few little negative things:
1) Internet connection is a disaster all over Budva, but even if it doesn't work almost everywhere at least it's free. But in this hotel they will sell it to you for 10 euros for 7 days and, guess what! Bingo! You can't use internet from your room! First I had to lean out of the window, then go outside the room to send and receive simple text messages and - oh my god - if you could send one photo it was a whole special occasion!!! In order to have more or less ok connection you have to go all the way to the lobby. Still, doesn't guarantee you anything) It was really very important for me to stay connected so it was super annoying. So my advice: if you really must stay connected at all times - do not go to Budva. Seriously.
2) Audibility in the room is perfect! :) If our neighbors and us spoke the same language we could easily talk to each other laying on the beds in different rooms without raising the voice. And it's ok when neighbors just don't know we can hear them perfectly when they wake up at 5 am and start living their life. Other thing is when maids actually come to clean their room at about 7 am and begin discussing their lives with each other shouting from one floor to another. Well outside that sleeping was absolutely fine, no disturbing noises (while the neighbors and maids are asleep))).
3) Maids. I read a lot of this horrible reviews how maids break into your room at 7 am even if the door is closed. Nothing like that ever happened here. First few days we had this super nice young girl to clean our room. She only works there during her summer break in the university. Our room was shining each time, perfect beds, clean bathroom. Then something changed and a regular maid took over... When you enter the room and there's not a hint on anything being cleaned at all, the blankets on the beds laying all messed up (that's not how we left them, that's how maid thought it should look like). All that changed - new towels in the bathroom. Nothing else. Too bad.
4) Breakfast. Is. Awful. Don't ever buy a trip to this hotel with any meal included. Only one fruit (usually orange, once it was apple), and the rest of it - all kinds of meals made out of bread))) There are so many nice restaurants all over Budva. Don't save on it. Try everything. Except for the food in Slovenska Plaza.
That's pretty much it. Nothing was so bad to spoil the whole experience. Budva is a beautiful place with a lot of places to visit for all kinds of categories of people. So if you don't expect much from the place you keep your clothes at, take shower and sleep - Slovenska plaza is a great spot for you! And forget that it's called a "hotel"! It is just a villa with a still better service than the rest of the villas in the town.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Slovenska Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slovenska Plaza Hotel
- Slovenska Plaza Budva