Hotel Perla
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Adria sport(Herceg-Novi)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewold townstandard roomhotel beachswimming areaquiet endsecond homesea frontbreakfast and dinnerfamily vacationlocal disheskotor bayrooms are cleannice stayspent daysannexpromenade
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Aside from some minor problems (too small bathroom, unreliable wifi), it's a great place to stay, with a very nice staff, perfect location to explore Herceg Novi on foot (15 mins to town center), or the whole Bay of Kotor by car (very close parking spot right beside the hotel).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just came back from a brief stay in Herceg Novi, this was my first visit to hotel Perla. It is my parents favourite hotel there, so they recommended it to me and my boyfriend. We made sure when booking to ask for a room with a bacony that looks towards the sea and we did get such a room, which we were very happy about. Rooms are nicely furnished but are on the smaller side but that was not a problem with us - we spent most time outside or on the balcony. The hotel is close to Meljine, where the sea is rather nice for swimming and the area around is not too crowded. There's plenty of restaurants and cafes when you walk on the beach promenade towards the harbour, we also bought tickets at the front desk for a whole-day boat tour of the bay with Pajo (leaving from the harbour) and booked places on the tour of the Lovcen mountain with trend travel (picked up from the hotel), both of these were excellent. I would definitely stay there again if I went to Novi. The only small problem we had was the waiting staff - in cotrast to the desk staff which were lovely and helpful, the waiters shouted at us on the first morning, thinking we were trying to sneak into the breakfast hall without being guests. We arrived the previous evening and were thus eligible for breakfast. Upon telling them the room number and showing them the key, they came back to shout at us again as they misheard/missaw the number. Then they commented about us in Montenegrin in front of us, unaware that I speak the language. At least they did not say anything nasty - in fact it was quite amusing. I assume that they may have guests who've only arrived that day and are therefore not 'eligible' for breakfast, but surely it is not necessary to be so nasty in order to protect some cheese, eggs and fruit. With some customer-relations training for the restaurant staff, this hotel would be impeccable!

Room Tip: if you want a room with a view of the sea in montenegro, you got to book it
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JasnaM109
Reviewed 29 March 2013

True to the sea, beautiful, comfortable and quiet hotel .. I really was in February when it was the season of masquerades and it is quite different from the summer. The sun was beautiful, pleasant morning. Staff very friendly and attentive ... at home! Breakfast at your convenience ... From the terrace you see only chairs and blue sea ... and a beautiful sunset ... Bathrooms are not large, but they are very clean .. Everything is held at a high level ...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Aleksandra9_66
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My Fiancee and I travelled to Herceg Novi, Montenegro this summer and stayed at hotel Perla. The hotel rooms are very clean with a beautiful ocean front view. THe only downside is that the rooms are very small and you feel crowded with hardly any room to hang your clothes. Parking is almost impossible to find and it is very hard to get to the hotel with a vehicle. The restaurant at the hotel is beautiful as it is ocean front, however it is very pricey. The hotel provides you with towels, umbrellas and chairs and you are not required to pay extra for this. There is no private beach rather it is a concrete pier where every lounges and jumps into the water.

Wi-Fi is included and there is access in your room. Overall, the hotel is nice but it's way tooooo pricey. If you don't mind walking 100-200m, then you can find other hotels for less than half the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Caribbeanlover23
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have just got back from our holiday and I am still so very angry. I have never had a worse experience then at this hotel. It began when we checked in, I had booked a double bed but they insisted that since we had a child with us we had to pay for an extra bed and charge us 35% of the room rate for her. She always sleeps with us and I have never had this problem at any other hotel and none of the other hotels we stayed in on this trip either. Dont get me wrong, like I told them, I understand if we ask for an extra bed, that we should pay for it. But we just did not need it and did not ask for it. Anyhow, I asked the girl at the reception to check into it with the manager. When I saw the room and saw it actually had two extra beds, I went down and asked them just to put us in a double room but they said it was the only available room.And that makes it even more puzzling, if they were going to put us in that room anyway, what is the extra cost? So anyhow, just after check in, I went to the bar to ask for a bottle opener, while the bartender was getting it, a waiter started yelling at me, what about I am not sure since he did not do it in english but I take it that I should not ask for things like that. This angered me, I needed it for a minute and did not seem like a big deal at all. What a welcome.
I was not very happy with the room, it had a small balcony facing the back garden so no view at all, it was right next to the back entrance so there was a lot of noise with people coming and going. The only way to drive up to the hotel is via a small street above the hotel, loads of stairs to go up and down and of course no help with luggage. But people constantly use that back door and it was very disturbing.
But things were going from bad to worse. First day we ran out of hot water after half a shower, someone was sent up to check it out, then someone else and someone else who finally decided we had shut off the water heater but we had not touched anything.This also happened on the second day and again we had not touched this switch but they certainly were blaming us for this. It is of great importance to have access to a good shower after a day on the beach but all we got were really evil looks and told to wait so it could heat itself up again. For the 3 of us, it took over 2 hours for us to finish showering and this delayed our evening greatly.
I also asked them to fix the frigde as it was not keeping anything cold, they came up, shrugged their shoulders and said it was fine.No futher efforts were put into it and the frigde remained warm for the rest of our stay.
Internet did not work very well in the room and only in one spot next to the balcony.
Very basic toilettries, smallish bathroom. Cleaning staff was good, things were clean, but they were a bit too good, they threw away a bag we had left on the floor, not anywhere near the trashcan, full of food and gift items. When I asked about this, reception just said it was my problem, they could not do anything.
One evening I asked them to book a tour for me for the next morning. When I got back from dinner, everyone at the front desk had gone, only a security man walking around but I assumed they had booked it since there was no note or message for me telling me different. However, after getting up and ready, I found out there was no tour that day. I really feel like they could have informed me the night before. They only work with one tour company that seem to have only a few tours, mine only went out one day a week for example. I would suggest that if you want to take tours, to book them yourselves on line, the hotel wont be much help really.
It is very pretty on the beach front, you can get towels from reception, and the boulevard in front of the hotel leads to some nice resturants, a pretty walk around. But the hotel is situated pretty far from the old town, taxis are needed and they are 5 euros one way.
The day we checked out, I could not wait to leave. I totally had it with all the trouble at this place and worst of all the attitude of the front desk girls. They were so blatanly rude, even rolling their eyes, making sounds between themselves when they saw us and plain ignoring us when possible. They, of course, made us pay the extra cost for the child, God fobid they would have dropped their silly charge to at least make up for some of the trouble. I had a discussion with the booking site who could not understand why they were doing this petty thing but there was not much they could do about it. By the time we left, they were screaming at us saying they could not care less if we were happy. And I want to make it clear, I was not yelling at them at all so there was no reason for this. Our taxi driver saw the whole thing and could not believe that hotel staff would be treating a customer like this.
These front desk girls were the worst staff I have ever encountered, they totally ruined our Montenegro trip for us and will long be remembered.The owner should reconsider his choice of staff. And I certainly regret every euro for that place, if I had not prepaid, I would have been out of there within minutes since the attitude was bad right from the first.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family