“Lovely Luxury in Eastern Europe”
Review of Garni Hotel Andric

Garni Hotel Andric
Ranked #1 of 9 Sombor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What a treat to find such a warm, beautiful, friendly hotel in the small out of the way city of Sombor, Serbia.in Eastern Europe. The reason for my visit, My gal-pal Kathy and I went to visit her son, daughter in law and grandchild who had moved there to raise their son. Serbia is not normally a destination for Americans, so finding a suitable hotel was surprisingly the icing on the cake!!! It is truly one of the nicest boutique hotels I've stayed in including all of Western Europe. It is a very modern, well kept and clean establishment. The staff, Zana, Ivana, Zorica were very professional. The owner, manager Borislav,was hands on, and they all seemed happily working together to accoamadate their guests. The rooms are ample, well decorated and received new carpet during our stay. Breakfast was a an amazing array of selected hams and sausages, eggs, breads,plus local taste treats. The sweet selection alone was endless. Perhaps the only complaint one could have was the lack of an elevator. I would recommend this small fabulous hotel to anyone heading to that area of the world......If I return to Serbia it will certainly be home base for me.

Room Tip: Lovely first floor rooms 103/104.with mini bar and nice enclosed shower. Take advantage of the terra...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mimey

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Spent two days at this hotel.Found it very clean, beautiful and in the heart of downtown Sombor. The staff went out of the way to please us.Recommend this hotel without any hesitation.
Very pleasent atmosphere.
Thank you for the wonderful expirience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I found the hotel quite nice, but not great. The room was very clean although it was small. We stayed 2 nights. I found the staff friendly and quite nice. They also spoke English which was a relief. I did not like the air conditioning. They are quite energy and cost conscious and therefore, the room air conditioner did not operate after 12:00 a.m. The room got very hot and because of this, it woke me up. I did not have a balcony or can I remember having a tv.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiely042
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed for 1 night while on business in this part of Serbia. The hotel is beautiful with antique furnishings throughout! I really liked all the common spaces as well as the room, which had a nice balcony too. The hotel location is perfect too right in the middle of old town Sombor. And the breakfast was extensive and very nicely presented.

The only reason why I'm rating this hotel 4 instead of 5 is the really poor internet WiFi reception. It didn't really work most of the time even in the common places, which was disappointing and could be an issue if you are a business traveller. I really hope the hotel upgrades their system because everything else was perfect.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2013

everything was as we would imagine, luxurious, professional, just in a word, exellent,,,,this was our 2nd Year to stay there,,,,,,absolutly exelent,,,,keep up the good image,,,,,great city, great hotel,,,,

Room Tip: just make a early booking to get in,,,all rooms are good,,,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This small hotel has everything I could have asked for while I was in Sombor for one week.
Room was clean and was also possible to adjust heating in some colder nights: did not lack anything.
There is no restaurant in the hotel but breakfast is good and allows many options.
Personal at the front desk is very helpful and thoughtful, gave me direction and suggestions also for my running in the weekend, everybody speaks English and one young girl also Italian very well.
Bikes are also available to use around town, which was nice in the warm spring sun of April.
Wi Fi in the room is working super fine, good choice of TV channels.
For sure the best option in town.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank paleITA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

A beautiful small hotel in Sombor, right in the center of town. Beautifully appointed rooms with a very luxurious feel at a bargain price. The front desk staff was so helpful and professional. They spoke excellent English and helped us with anything we needed. The night person told us about transportation and arranged a cab to take us to a nearby town (Apatin) and then pick us up when we were ready to come back. She also made an excellent recommendation of a nearby restaurant with delicious traditional Serbian food. She would have helped us if we had contacted her ahead of time to choose better transportation (don't take the train from Subotica to Sombor -- take the bus), and she offered to put us in touch with an expert on the history of Apatin, where my family came from and the reason for our stay. The breakfast was excellent, beautifully laid out, and contained a lot of variety of food. Our suite was very large and was lovely. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this region of Serbia.

Room Tip: Our room for 4 people was actually a suite, but sleeper sofa was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family