“Sveti Stefan, MONTENEGRO'S ISLAND "tethered" for luxury By Zoran Slavic”
Review of Hotel Adrovic

Hotel Adrovic
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sveti Stefan
Reviewed 8 December 2013

When I'm with tourist boat from Becici, settlements near Budva, proceeded to Sveti Stefan, I had no idea what kind of civilization will doubt me introduce a two-day stay on the island, that long ago it was not. Because, Sveti Stefan is now a hard surface connected to the shore. Our little boat temporarily fit into the shallows just before the beach of
palace " Miločer " . For reasons unknown, all we have to wade through the sea water , though shallow . However , bare feet in the sea , shoes in hand and touch the sand gives us an impression of adventure. Look at the town - village of Sveti Stefan apparently not Blame some major changes since the last visit to these destinations . However , in passing by the former summer residence of Queen Maria - Palace " Miločer " suggests immense , only surmised , this inner change before an elite tourist resort. The hotel complex "Aman " introduces in these areas of Montenegro clear elements of the world's top tourist luxury. t looks all impressive but, I fear, too much for the originality and authenticity of the idea - Sveti Stefan, a rustic, stone and own possessing, if only the image, the rest of the coastal architecture and atmosphere.
  We leave the rocky coating in insular part. Ambiance also includes the exclusive seaside resorts, formed from the ancient fortress. There are towers of three churches: the church of Sveti Stefan, after which the island was named, is located on the highest part of the island, the church of Alexander Nevsky, and we just pass by the smallest of dedication to the Transfiguration, which is located at the entrance to the town, the our way through the embankment.
  We leave to hotel "Adrović." We pass through the narrow with cobbled streets. We are surrounded by typical coastal building protruding from the abundant greenery. The path can alternately rises and falls. A light sweat on my forehead clearance. Finally, the building of the hotel "Adrović." Resembles a small medieval castle. It's embedded in the environment. Inside dominates modern design with elements of domicile, so to speak, and stylized folk architecture. The room is very spacious, bright and clean. On the walls are paintings. The balcony provides an exciting view of the surroundings and the sea. Hotel gives the impression of a good balance with the environment, as well as exclusive and national harmony. It seems that the fashionable appearance of the facade or interior parts, do not threaten the harmony of the environment and heritage.
  Before lunch we go back to the place from which it started in this tourist town-village. Sandy isthmus that connects the coast of the island, we arrive at the two beaches with sand and pebbles red. By the way, we learn that this place was built by the traders and fishermen in the XV century who lived there. It was only in 1960. village becomes a city hotel, thanks to famous painters Lubarda and Milunovic, who recognized this old place as a tourist attraction. I know from earlier that Sveti Stefan visited are many celebrities such as: Sophia Loren, Monica Viti, Willie Brandt, Bobbi Fisher, Sylvester Stallone, Claudia Schiffer, Ingemar Stenmark ... Along the way, I see that in many places that this picturesque place is suffering from a serious distortion of the authentic looks for the sake of luxury and comfort.
  Followed by lunch at the "Adrović." first offered fritters / sweet round small cakes / with local honey, with homemade brandy, made from first-class grapes. He followed the local ham / dried pork / and special cheese that is stored in olive oil. Then, the main part of the lunch - black risotto, and “Zubatac”, sea fish, of grilled. Fragrant rosemary, finely chopped parsley, garlic, lemon slices and a large amount of olive oil, and the surrounding spiced this treat. We drank wine "Vranac".
  The afternoon swim and dinner on the terrace wrapped up the day of the Sveti Srefan. The hotel is then provided us a very good night's sleep. Good bathrooms, comfortable beds and quiet. As we were leaving the next day to Budva , I was pleased with this trips. I only hoped that tourism officials and the owners of the complex will be able to find the right balance so that luxury , global uniform appearance and manner of rest and vacation not endanger that which is Sveti Stefan became a place of distinction and uniqueness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelerZrenjanin
There are newer reviews for Hotel Adrovic

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Lovely little hotel located above Sveti Stefan with a lovely view both from my room and the restaurant, located on the roof looking out over Sveti Stefan.
The rooms are nice and big, more like little apartments; mine had a small kitchen area and lounge area with a bed settee.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating, service in the restaurant was a bit slow but that may have been down to the time of year, there was only one waiter on duty and it was fairly busy!
Would definitely go back if in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank travelsonabike2
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I do not have much positive to say about this hotel. The only reason why I wouldn't rate it "terrible" is because of the restaurant / bar in the lobby. Otherwise it was pretty bad. We arrived around 8:30 pm and we had the last free room in the hotel. It was on the bottom floor. Take note that there is no elevator in this hotel so there are many stairs if you are on the bottom floor. Our reservations had said "Sea view". There was absolutely NO sea view - in fact our window faced an old ally. The room furnishings were dated from the 1970s and dingy. There was rust on the shower floor. The room wreaked of sewage since we were on the bottom floor and was emanating from the bathroom floor drain. We were told that we would be moved to another room when one became available the next night but no one followed up with us. When we checked out of the hotel we asked for some sort of financial compensation the girl at the desk was extremely rude and was not willing to budge. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if at all possible to avoid.

That being said we had a nice meal at the hotel restaurant and the wine list was more reasonable than other restaurants in the area. The wait staff was extremely nice and friendly. But that's the only positive that I can say.

Not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Worldcitizen94
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Instead of staying in a 5 star hotel, it is much better for me to stay in such a lovely place with an amazing panoramic view. All the staff were very helpful and hospitable. Despite the high season, there was no noise. One cannot find a better place to rest his/her mind. There's also enough space for parking.

The terrace where you can have your dinner is fantastic. The only thing missing is that, the breakfast is not open-buffet style. Despite this, waiters bring whatever you want.

Additional note; before reservation please make sure your room has a sea view.

Room Tip: Higher floors have wonderful sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank TolgAnkara
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Overall - not bad, but this hotel has some very positive points and some very negative.

It was late evening, when we arrived after tough drive from Belgrade. We were met by stuff, who helped us with the luggage, gave us a room with sea view and hinted: "The kitchen is closed, but the chef is still here, he can prepare something special for us, but you need to thank him, do you understand?!" We replied with the question about nearby restaurants.

The room was big with a nice balcony, amazing view, but not very clean (even we found something under the bed (it shouldn't be there) Also you have kitchen facilities and a bathroom, but with the heater, so the amount of hot water is very limited.

We spend 3 nights there, and had 3 breakfasts - every time coffee with milk was different. No standards. But the stuff is very helpful, even the laundry was free. Wifi was working well, parking was safe, free and spacious.

Why special - we had a wedding ceremony there (when we arrived - it was a disaster, we wanted to change the place, run away, but our wedding coordinator said, that they are professionals in this type of events), and in 1 hour before the ceremony they made a lot of changes in their restaurant, removed windows, cleaned everything. We would like to thank them for that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sergey_and_Elena
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Having driven all day I drove past this hotel and thought it looked great but was probably too expensive. Carried on into Budva and didn't like what I saw one bit so decided to try my luck at this hotel. It was about 9pm and a room was available at a fantastic price. The view from my hotel balcony just took my breath away. Late meal was excellent and the staff great. An early morning rise saw the sun shine on a beautiful beach and the island of Sveti Stefan. Breakfast in the sun on the hotel terrace and a walk on the beach. Unfortunately it was one night only but I will be returning. The room I had was quite large with a nice balcony - furnishings were average, bed was OK, air con was excellent. An easy 5 stars from me. I just love this hotel and to be honest was considering not putting a review on here as I thought it may not be well known, alas I'm sure its heavily booked in the height of the season. I hope to be back in July.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bachgyn123
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my first time and it will definately not be the last..
I had a sea view and the room was pretty big. The room was clean and it did not look cheap..
I came with some friends and the staff was realy nice and i would like to thank the blond receptionist she made my day :) there is a lot things to do and if you just want to relax you can stay on the terace and watch the sunset with someone special. This is a small family hotel but it has a soul and thats what matters to me :)

• Stayed: August 2012
#4 of 10 in Petrovac
Maestral Resort & Casino
Maestral Resort & Casino
#1 of 4 in Sveti Stefan

Been to Hotel Adrovic? Share your experiences!