Little Dream Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$810
US$136
getaroom.com
  • Pool
Amaya Signature(Dambulla)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is not safe for female travellers (on their own or in small groups as I have since met 2 girls who were together and one of them also had a tough time here.)

Arrived at night. Quickly the man tried to get me to go to the lake with him or go down a random bush track with him, then he began trying to touch me. I locked myself in my room as i could not leave safely due to location and time and he hung around outside my room for quite sometime. It was extremely creepy. Luckily there happened to be another couple staying there (which I was unaware of till morning, I'm guessing the reviewer pam of Utah) or things may have gone worse.

In the morning unfortunately the wife heard me relay concerns to the other couple and when we left the communal area (my room was attached to this) the wife yelled at the man about it, he hit her very badly, she was in tears and the whole family then came out and kicked me out, sending me to the bus stop and telling me I had to leave dambulla now. (I didn't I got another auto after I was dropped off and checked in somewhere else, they advised me that little dream was famous for such behaviour within the community)

Do not go here unless you are a male or accompanied by one.

Unsafe.
Creepy.
Potentially dangerous!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KiwiFemaleTraveller
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hi, i went here in feb 2013. i have to say i did not have a pleasant experience the man who owns it made me feel very uncomfortable with his constant inappropriate touching, staring and requests for me to go to places with him alone at night.solo female travelers should not go here, even groups of young girls. i believe it is unsafe. the accommodation itself was lovely, there were hammocks to chill in (which was hard to with the creepy guy hovering around) the lake it is next to is breath taking, we went swimming there and crossed it too the island. the place is happy to arrange transport and help with activities they helped us rent bikes. the food is very good and you get allot, Just formally agree on a price first. i would not go back here again as i never felt safe, but the place itself is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The river and lake are great to swim in and the nature and birding are great. It's quiet and comfortable. However, prices for food are high and no other restaurants are nearby so you are captive. We stayed in one of the new rooms and while it was clean and the bed comfortable, there was no other furniture and no screens on windows or curtains! We thought this seriously weird. When we left we were shocked to see a 10% service charge on the room (something we never saw in the other 10 hotels we stayed in on our journey). Also, 10% charge on food (we were charged that but rarely), making us feel the owners want to get as much out of you as possible. We advise you make all expenses agreed on up front. One other comment; we do not recommend single women go here. A guest came late one evening and left early the next morning she claimed to us because of "inappropriate touching."

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam698
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We had such a great time at this out-of-the-way gem.
There are now two sets of rooms - the newer ones are huge and gleaming with fan, mosquito wire on windows, pretty impressive.
They're also twice the price of the older rooms, but these are only like 10 bucks or something.
Sure, the older rooms are a bit darker and sparse, but what do you expect for 10 dollars?
There are provided mosquito nets so if you get bitten by bugs you're not very smart.
Across the road is an enormous lake to swim in and hang out with the locals as they wash their cars and bikes in the torrent whilst somehow not being swept away.
Wait long enough and you'll see larger vehicles (ie - buses) cross the ford as they can't fit across the bridge. Hilarious.
We ate there twice in a sweet family setting with other guests and the food was awesome - homecooked Sri Lankan goodness.
Maybe a bit of a haul from town if you're in a tuk-tuk, but if you have a car or bike then it's real easy, just look for the sign near the end of the bridge.
Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Dark, damp rooms. Dirty bed linen. The plumbing in the bathroom didn't work. Windows that cannot close so mosquitos have free play. And on top of in all both my partner and I got sick after having diner there.
The location is great, and the owner very nice, but the place needs a lot of work done before it could be anyone's dream.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple