“avoid going there !!!”
Review of Regalia Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dambulla
Regalia Hotel
Ranked #60 of 82 Dambulla B&B and Inns
Yerevan, Yerevan, Armenia
“avoid going there !!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights.
The main thing that is probably enough to mention is that my stay was prepaid but I was not attentive and they charged me again. Not sure they did that intentionally or not but when I found that and asked to re-compensate to my bank account (when I was at home) - they started to complain that they cannot do bank transaction , manager is not there etc etc finally I could not get my money back. Cheaters!!!
Place full of mosquitos, stuff laaaaazy you hardly can imagine that, you would wait for an ordered coffee 20-30 minutes. English is simply 0 – they come over with a few persons to understand what you’re saying and looking to each others face – that’s funny. If you don’t tell them – they may not even remove trash from the room (which happened to me).
Simply no reason to go there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Gagik M

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
Reviewed 13 September 2012

It was simply awful. On arrival nothing worked (aircon, shower, hot water, TV) but eventually things got repaired. The rooms are really basic and the photos on this website make them look better than they are. The staff were lazy and unhelpful. The restaurant was unbelievably slow. My neighbours waited one hour for a sandwich and I waited 45 minutes for a coffee.
Avoid this place if you are a female travelling alone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Dambulla hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Upon arrival, we were disappointed with our rooms. The room was clean, but basic. There was one other couple in the hotel on our first night and we were the only couple in the hotel on the second night. It was good to have the swimming pool to ourselves.

The food took a long time to arrive, but was very tasty upon arrival. Portions were large. At first, the staff did not seem very friendly and they spoke little English. However, the staff did everything we asked of them (towels, pillows and more). They also taught us some Sinhala.

In summary, this hotel reminded us of the Marigold Hotel in the film. It is a good place to stay for a couple of nights, but maybe not longer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple