We had accommodation for 2 nights in a superior room. If staying here, there is nothing nearby, 8km to nearest town. However a lovely location in middle of a national park. The outlook across lake and to mountain ranges from rooms and various areas within the hotel are superb. We were at the far end of one corridor above one of the pools and had to listen to pool pump going all night. It was annoying, especially given they brag about their green credentials. There was no need for the filter machine to go continuously. Rooms were comfortable but not large. Very nicely decorated and space for suitcases. You have to keep balcony doors closed so that mischievous monkeys do not enter rooms. It is marvellous to have them sitting on your balcony and climbing vines while you shower and dress (for once we are the ones in a cage!) If you have any problem walking, can be up to 400 metres to dining area and reception from extreme ends of corridor, make sure request rooms that are more convenient. If going there not on a tour, will need car with driver. Lovely shower with large rain nozzle above. Food in restaurant, while buffet style, was excellent. Restaurant has plenty of food stations where food is freshly cooked which in all cases was an excellent alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla