4,189 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgeoffrey bawasigiriya wingrock faceunique hotelsri lankapanoramic roomelephant ridelarge hoteloverlooking the lakestunning locationa la carte restaurantour honeymooneco parkkandalama tankeco friendly hotelluxury room
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When I stepped in the Heritance Kandalama I did not know whether I was in a hotel surrounded by a rocky forest or in a rocky forest surrounded by a hotel. It was such a wonderful feeling I had with lovely scenery complemented by vast areas of water filled lakes and mountains all around me. The famous Sigiriya Rock was visible from one of the swimming pools. The pools were in harmony with the sounding lake and appeared to be a very large pool.

Just see the photographs attached depicting the jungle like area next to the hotel and embedded rocks along the walls to understand what I mean. This is MUST place not only honeymoon couples to embrace not only each other, but also to embrace the authentic environment embracing the hotel.

There are 3 pools with ampe support from te staff who keep them clean. Then of course, the culinary effort taken by the catering staff by providing mouth watering meals will not allow you to leave the restaurant without filling yourself. The staff in every sector were very responsive and courteous starting with the Reception Area personnel to Room Attendants as well as the Restaurant Staff. The rooms were kept clean and the room service above average.

The gym had sufficient equipment but when we were there, there was hardly anyone except the person who was looking after the equipment who was very helpful, . I don't blame other visitors since they had other activities to get them involved like swimming and strolling near the hotel.

There were monkeys around, but they did not show any animosity against our presence. In fact they were in harmony with the existing environment.

When my daughter and family return here for a holiday from UK, this is a must place that I should take them.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the lake.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my 3rd visit in a span of 15 years, and i had a lot of expectations especially when it came to the food as this hotel was so well known in the past for its tasty food and the many awards it won in SL. But it was a big let down for me as the buffets which had nice cooking stations were not living up to the hotels past reputation. The restaurant staff was present and very helpful but the chefs and the cooks at the cooking station was discriminating amount the clients and some of them had a huge chip on the shoulder.. the hotel is a bit run down and needs a good renovation as the last renovation was done almost 9 years ago.

The reception staff was very friendly so were the room attendants. IF they improved on the food quality which was quite bland for my liking (which was not the case during my past 3 visits over the years)... Its an iconic structure done by the most famous architect Sri Lanka has ever produced.

Room Tip: ask for a room what overlooks the lake. on a higher floor. lower floors have creepers and trees that are overgrown.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roshan_Withanage
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Customer service - fantastic and friendly
Food - Outstanding and value for money (approx $35 USD for international buffet)
Room - We had the superior room with a Jacuzzi. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room large. The rainwater shower head was a real highlight, so were the monkeys watching our every move from balcony.

Room Tip: Make sure you keep the balcony door locked or the monkeys will get in and make a mess of your things.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

have been visiting many times always have been having good service good food everything is good even the location something out of this world if on vacation in
Sri Lanka and you love nature a resort you must visit

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lakshmanisaac
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Out of all the hotels we are staying at on our grand tour, this was only one of two that we specifically selected. After reading other reviews we expected a long check-in. We were seated and given a welcome drink. We were then given another table, but no drink. Our guide eventually went and chased the staff up. The hotel has two wings, both 500m long. Typically we were in the end of one. After the trek we arrived at our room to find the spare bed dumped in the middle of the room taking all the floor space. We asked the staff to sort it our, and walked back to the bar. When we got there we were told no alcohol as it was Poya day. As I stormed off, the staff then thought to mention we could have in the room. However on our way back to the room we noticed that our luggage still had not been delivered, so we took it ourselves.

The hotel is famed for its stunning views over the lake, we were one of three rooms out of the 152 to have stunning views of the rear service yard. As we enjoyed the beer on the balcony, the monkeys came to visit. We repelled the first attack, but on the second, one of the blighters got into the room and pinched the sugar.

We decided to treat ourselves to the Ah La Carte menu which meant we had the go to the Kaludiya Room. The room has no atmosphere what so ever, and we got the feeling that staff prefer couples, rather than a family unit. However food was delicious.

We returned to our room to find the a/c was either on full blast or off, and combined with the rock hard beds, I would say our overnight flight into Colombo was more comfortable.

Although there is a WI-Fi connection it's so slow that it's a waste of time.

We have a complex breakfast rating based on choice and taste, this hotel scores 100%

Only the good food gave this review a poor rather than terrible. Let's hope our stay next week at the Heritance Tea Factory Hotel, Nuwara Eliya
is better.