4,179 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgeoffrey bawasigiriya wingrock faceunique hotelsri lankapanoramic roomelephant ridelarge hoteloverlooking the lakestunning locationa la carte restaurantour honeymooneco parkkandalama tankeco friendly hotelluxury room
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came for our honeymoon & those days were memorable days in our lives because we got a good room & the food was excellent...lots of varieties...
And we love the infinity pool a lot..
I would recommend this as the best hotel for any ones honeymoon...
And like to see you all soon agian...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we stayed there at august.we had very warm welcome,our room {suite}was huge and clean.very kind staffs and good food.room service was very good ,when we call they came within 5min and solve our needs.very kind and helpful chefs and restaurant staff.wonderful pools and very clean.the hotel had very good views. OVERALL WE HAD VERY GOOD TIME, WE WILL DE.FINITELY COME BACK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeyachandrika3
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here only as stopover on a longer journey. The place is worth spending at least a couple days as the surrounding wilderness and the rustic setting are very relaxing and peaceful. The location and setting are great. Accessible to the main roads through reasonably short drive through country roads. The world renowned Sigiriya and Dambulla sites are closely. The food was good. The reception and check in was seamless and exemplary. Checkout was also easy. On the down side - we were in the Dambulla wing and there was faint whiff of sewage in the room. The staff could not smell it. Obviously there is a defect in the plumbing that needs to be addressed. Could have been just that particular room. Another negative experience was that I signed up for the Bird Watching tour in the morning. I told the the guy who checked us in and again reminded the front desk on my way back from dinner, but when I showed up at 6.30 am I was told the activity was cancelled as the guide was unwell and they pretended that they did not have any record of my signing up the night before. Need better communication. No big deal, I went out for a walk by myself and it is a birder's paradise. As expected given the jungle location the place does have a lot of insects and ghekkos.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors offer a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

-Amazing structure built into rocks
-Beautiful scenery (especially sunset on 7th floor by the telescope)
-Huge buffet selection
-Fantastic spa with 5* personalised customer service that the rest of the hotel should take note of
-Nice rooms, especially bathrooms

Things to note

-Get to Sigiriya Rock for 7am and be one of the first to climb (3,900 slrps) then stop at the farm shop on the way back for juice
-If you order a sandwich from the cafe, share between two as they are huge
-If you decide to play billiards, be prepared to be presented with a bill!
-Take everything you need to the pool as it may be a long walk back to your room
-Busy during children's holidays meaning hard to swim properly in the pools or find a quiet area

This hotel is a must see but prepare to be annonymous.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CatSutcliffe
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When I stepped in the Heritance Kandalama I did not know whether I was in a hotel surrounded by a rocky forest or in a rocky forest surrounded by a hotel. It was such a wonderful feeling I had with lovely scenery complemented by vast areas of water filled lakes and mountains all around me. The famous Sigiriya Rock was visible from one of the swimming pools. The pools were in harmony with the sounding lake and appeared to be a very large pool.

Just see the photographs attached depicting the jungle like area next to the hotel and embedded rocks along the walls to understand what I mean. This is MUST place not only honeymoon couples to embrace not only each other, but also to embrace the authentic environment embracing the hotel.

There are 3 pools with ampe support from te staff who keep them clean. Then of course, the culinary effort taken by the catering staff by providing mouth watering meals will not allow you to leave the restaurant without filling yourself. The staff in every sector were very responsive and courteous starting with the Reception Area personnel to Room Attendants as well as the Restaurant Staff. The rooms were kept clean and the room service above average.

The gym had sufficient equipment but when we were there, there was hardly anyone except the person who was looking after the equipment who was very helpful, . I don't blame other visitors since they had other activities to get them involved like swimming and strolling near the hotel.

There were monkeys around, but they did not show any animosity against our presence. In fact they were in harmony with the existing environment.

When my daughter and family return here for a holiday from UK, this is a must place that I should take them.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the lake.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family