4,186 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgeoffrey bawasigiriya wingrock faceunique hotelsri lankapanoramic roomelephant ridelarge hoteloverlooking the lakestunning locationa la carte restaurantour honeymooneco parkkandalama tankeco friendly hotelluxury room
Reviewed 20 August 2014

For all those who are not comfortable with nature, this place is not for you. When I first entered the room, I saw two geckos crawl out from behind the wall painting. I thought it was going to be 3 long nights. We called room service three times to get rid of the geckos, which they did without killing them. They just released them back into nature. Respect.
Soon enough we began to appreciate the concept of this super luxurious hotel nestled right in the middle of nature with the most fascinating Eco architecture imaginable.
We began enjoying this harmony with nature in no time. The infinity pool overlooking meadows and pastures where cattle grazes and birds soar.. And a man made lake with naked trees standing in its water as a reminder of what it once used to be.. It's magic.
The concept of the place is impeccable. The friendly staff walk barefoot, and are super attentive to every detail, always smiling. The food is excellent at the snack overlooking the bar. Try the club sandwich. It's so filling my husband and I shared it.
For a quiet, refined dinner, we tried the Kaludiya restaurant opposite the buffet restaurant. My husband had the sizzling sea food platter - the best of his life. And I had the deviled prawns, which was so heavenly that I asked the chef for the recipe. Thank you chef Augustus, and thank you to the staff Daswintha, Sagara, and Rajitha for your wonderful treatment and for giving us the most memorable dinner in Sri Lanka.
The live band at the lounge was excellent. It's a nice way to sit and relax over a drink after your dinner.
Breakfast was by far the best we had in Sri Lanka. So rich, and so perfected across all cuisines.
Hats off Aitken spence for such a marvelous hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in Dambulla wing are not so big, and have limited view. If budget is not a problem You might consider upgrading.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

OMG this hotel was amazing. I'll start of with the only negitive we can think of. There is very limited spaces at the pools so you have to be early to grab your spot.
Now the positives. The staff were very attentive at all times.
When we arrived we were given a drink and when we were finished taken straight away to our room and minutes later our baggage arrived in our room.
The room was amazing it was like being part of the jungle monkeys and chipmunks looking at you and you looking at them through a sheet of glass.
The room was very clean and room service came twice a day.
The restaurant was amazing the staff were very attentive, and were happy to make you happy.

Food in the restaurant was able to suit everyones taste even catering well for food allergy
sufferers.
We loved the friendliness of this hotel the tranquillity, wildlife and easy assessablity would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out to the jungle are great what an experience.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were there in August 2014, with my wife's company friends. The hotel is situated near the Kandalama reservoir which makes a wonderful view from the hotel. Since we traveled during a drought, there wasn't much water in the reservoir, so the view was not that amazing.

The view from the hotel is very scenic, where you can see the Kandalama reservoir and the Sigiriya rock far from one side. If you go for a walk in the morning you will find lot of birds around. I would say great place to go around if you love photography. And also you can take an elephant ride around the reservoir if you like.

Food was excellent. As it was buffet style, we filled our stomachs with delicious food. The staff was very hospitable. We stayed in a double room, and it was bit smaller than the rooms of other hotels which I have been. One side of the bathroom is totally glass, so my wife initially hesitated to use the shower, as it was facing the garden. Other than that the rooms are in very good condition. As the hotel is very lengthy you have to walk a long way when you need commute between the room and the lobby, restaurants etc.

Overall, I recommend this hotel as one of the good places to stay and relax for few days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came for our honeymoon & those days were memorable days in our lives because we got a good room & the food was excellent...lots of varieties...
And we love the infinity pool a lot..
I would recommend this as the best hotel for any ones honeymoon...
And like to see you all soon agian...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we stayed there at august.we had very warm welcome,our room {suite}was huge and clean.very kind staffs and good food.room service was very good ,when we call they came within 5min and solve our needs.very kind and helpful chefs and restaurant staff.wonderful pools and very clean.the hotel had very good views. OVERALL WE HAD VERY GOOD TIME, WE WILL DE.FINITELY COME BACK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family