We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Hayes and Jarvis tour. We were greeted by exceptionally friendly staff and given a cold towel to freshen up and a fruit drink. I loved our room beautifully decorated with tea and coffee facilities and a TV with movie channels in English. The view from the shower was amazing. The hotel has three great swimming pools and drinks and snacks are servedby the pool. The food is incredible with something to suit everyone. I really enjoyed dining outside in the evening, the lighting made it very romantic. We also enjoyed walking down to the lake and saw grey langurs, black faced monkeys, spotted deer, mongooses, giant squirrels, Palm squirrels and monitor lizards and of course the macaques were everywhere but not a nuisance.
This is a wonderful location for bird watching my favourites were the colourful barbets and the black hooded Orioles. In the evening they had musicians playing oriental music. They do elephant rides which seemed to last about an hour and the elephant walks in the lake. It's not my thing but lots of people did it early in the morning or between 4-5pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TravelClick, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla