This is a great new hotel. The grounds are clean and the staff are friendly. The food is great. The main members of staff are fully competent, proficient and helpful. The pool is very nice and clean. The gym is good with A/C (but please see below my concern). The rooms are nice, good amount of closet space, although the room was a little small, and generally they are dark as the windows are outfacing into the main courtyard, which makes one dubious about opening the curtains in case people peer inside. The a/c is very quiet! This has a great bathroom with good shower unit and hairdryer. Note, as this is away from the town, the prices are very expensive for food and drink. But this may be the reason why staff do not expect a tip (which is a first!). The support staff are very helpful : Provided blankets and bug assistance very quickly.
The reason i say it falls short in a few places is because:
1) This hotel is in the middle of farm land / forest, which is not a problem. But you must know there will be bugs. They know this, yet all of the restaurant and bar area is open, so it is difficult to enjoy meals/drinks whilst bugs are flying around. If they had some closed areas, this would not happen.
2) They gym is in a glass room in the middle of the complex. I personally don't like this for 2 reasons. The glass makes the room incredibly hot. Secondly, anybody can watch you working out.
3) The pizza restaurant is only open on the weekends. I know that this maybe thier busy times, but i think to have a pizza section for other times would be beneficial as the bar menu is very expensive.
Overall : Nice enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the middle of the Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka, about 160 km from the International Airport, this hidden gem offering ultimate luxury and isolation is tucked away amongst lush vegetation amidst the mystery and spirit of the past. The resort offers easy access to the nearby historical sites like the Dambulla Rock Temple and other cave temples dating back hundreds of years ago and the Sigiriya Rock fortress and the ancient cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, as well as short drive to the East Coast beaches of Sri Lanka. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Paradise Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.