Not only is this hotel beautiful, it is backed up by a compliment of staff eager to please (couldnt do enough for you), amazing food (generally what i look for in a good holiday), and great prices. I took my 3&1/2 year old son over and would do so again as whilst i was in the hotel i felt as if we were safe. The staff, as i said above, could not do enough. If we were going out on a day trip, the staff would provide fresh fruit, bottled water and fresh alovera without us asking (was not part of the package). And every moment they could would spend time with my Son entertaining him by sitting down and playing with his toys with him, giving him a body board to swim with or organising childrens dvds to watch. Hours and hours of fun he had. I only had the pleasure of Meeting one of the owners, and he made us feel like this hotel was our home. If we needed anything he had it sorted for us. (He even took me down to a local waterhole for a Ice Cold Lion Beer). We were unfortunate that the day we landed in columbo there was a Cyclone which took out most of the power grid, but again even though the hotel was without power for most of the time we stayed over there, our rooms never went without Air Con, our beer (and other drinks) were always cold or hot (depending on what we ordered) and our food always served in a timly fasion, hot and tasted amazing no matter what you ordered. Now onto my favourite part, the food! The food selection is fantastic, in Australia i am a massive meat eater, but could easily go vego at this hotel. I loved every dish they put in front of me (and i think i ordered at least one of everything on the menu) They have a great selection of local and international dishes and will customise to your liking. (i requested every curry made to Sri Lanken Hot, with a side serve of local bread).. Oh and the Cheese Burger, best i have ever had!!!. There is certainly a reason these guys have won multiple awards. I highly recommend that you visit (and take everyone you know). Just be aware that as much as the rooms are fantasticly clean and setup, this is a Indian/Asain Country so matresses are firm (im used to pretty much sleeping in what i call a marshmellow matress) but one of the softest i have felt if you compare to other asain countrys, such as Vietnam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its unique location, the Asian Jewel Hotel, Hikkaduwa - Sri Lanka combines the best of both worlds. Enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the picturesque Bird Lake while being just 2 km inland from Hikkaduwa, one of Sri Lanka's oldest and most established beach resorts. Ever since the very early days of travel, Sri Lanka has been known as one of the world’s most beautiful, diverse and exotic holiday destinations. So, what are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asian Jewel Boutique Hikkaduwa
- Hotel Asian Jewel Boutique