We have just returned from our second visit to Asian Jewel. We loved it so much before that we brought friends with us this time.
Once again we had the most fantastic welcome from Dale and Tanya, Sunny, Veejay and Sarath, plus the new staff since our previous stay. This time we stayed in'Lily' which, although smaller than 'Jasmine' was just as comfortable and had a similar view over the lagoon. The birds that can be seen from your balcony are incredible.
Dale was, yet again, fantastically helpful with booking a tour before we arrived at Asian Jewel and had many recommendations for us. He used a company called Camlo Lanka based in Colombo who were excellent and supplied us with a van and a great driver, Ari. We can thoroughly recommend both. Our friends did a couple fo trips with Anora's tuktuk although my husband and I just chilled out by the pool as we had been there before.
The food was a great mix of western and Asian food, all beautifully cooked and presented. The breakfast fruit platter has to be seen to be believed and I am missing it already. We asked for a seafood dinner one night and Tanya made a special visit to the fishmarket at 6 am to get the freshest fish possible. Once other guests heard of our request many of them joined us with the banquet which included a whole small fish (doba?), jumbo prawn, large prawns, ceviche (tuna 'cooked' in a lime marinade), calamare, etc , served with fries and guacomole and salad. All for less than £15 each!
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and just hope that its deserved popularity won't stop us from being able to book a room in the future!
Thanks again Dale and Tanya - you are fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its unique location, the Asian Jewel Hotel, Hikkaduwa - Sri Lanka combines the best of both worlds. Enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the picturesque Bird Lake while being just 2 km inland from Hikkaduwa, one of Sri Lanka's oldest and most established beach resorts. Ever since the very early days of travel, Sri Lanka has been known as one of the world’s most beautiful, diverse and exotic holiday destinations. So, what are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asian Jewel Boutique Hikkaduwa
- Hotel Asian Jewel Boutique