we travelled with friends for a wedding, our friends found this hotel through trip advisor and we read the reviews before we went and was very impressed. But they did not do this beatiful location justice no matter how well it was rated!!
Travelling from Columbo for four hours, so we were desperate to get to the hotel and when we arrived we were greated by Cyril (lovely man) and the two owners Dale and Tanya. They were so warm and friendly and got us settled into our rooms within a matter of minutes.
The rooms are stunning, all indivudully decorated and named, we were in Kingfisher, which is the family room. It was spacious and very comfortable with excellent air con.
Dale, Tanya and the excellent staff couldnt have been more helpful and I only wish I could take Dale with me on all my holidays as there was nothing that he could not sort or arrange. He was so knowledgable and offered sound advice when we wanted to go out and about as to where to go and what time. He arranged a boat trip in the first couple of days and recommended an early start to avoid large tours and he was spot on and we had a brilliant time on the bost. The trip consisted of 3 tuk tuk's picking us up at 7am (Ulpul tours, we used these guys all the time and they were so helpful and accommodating) the river trip, mask factory, Tsunami museum, peace pagoda etc were amazing.
The food at the hotel is very good and varied and the chef is willing to cook traditional Sri Lankan food on request with a bit of notice, i would recommend the Sri Lankan curry and rice or Devilled chicken/Prawns.
The atmosphere and staff at the hotel is very relaxed but attentive, but not overlly so. I cannot praise the staff enough, they are friendly and always smiling.
The rooms are cleaned every day to a high standard.
And finally!! Dale and Tanya, what can i say, good company, always helpful, they have created a beatiful hotel in an idylic location, we will be going back for definite.
Thankyou so much for such an enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its unique location, the Asian Jewel Hotel, Hikkaduwa - Sri Lanka combines the best of both worlds. Enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the picturesque Bird Lake while being just 2 km inland from Hikkaduwa, one of Sri Lanka's oldest and most established beach resorts. Ever since the very early days of travel, Sri Lanka has been known as one of the world’s most beautiful, diverse and exotic holiday destinations. So, what are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asian Jewel Boutique Hikkaduwa
- Hotel Asian Jewel Boutique