“Great food!”
Review of Hotel Francis

Hotel Francis
Ranked #82 of 112 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great food, Brilliant service and a clean restaurant. All in all, an extremely satisfactory visit and experience.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Francis

Reviewed 27 August 2013

It is road side restaurant and had a very taste noodles with bottle of beer. Great service. Price also cheap.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Last Saturday we ate Cuttle fish & crab.I ate Cuttle fish ,chips, & salad,this dish is yummy before I ate.my friend jeron ate Chinese style crab, we shared dishes,this dish also very tasty,food is excellent.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

In February 27 th I got lunch in my favorite place in hikkaduwa.my friend shasha got big lobster, tasty. & nice decorated but price is little bit high, but my friend & I satisfied, steward is Mr Mohomed razik, very good service man.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We dined here twice during a stay at a nearby hotel in Hikkaduwa. It is conveniently close as we on HB basis at the hotel we were in (though I regretted not going for FB).

The second time we went here (for lunch), there was a big dead blue bottle fly in the prawn (or the beef) dish that we ordered! It was soaked in the sauce it contained.

We immediately stopped eating & asked the waiter to take away all the dishes (which he was going to do anyway) including the rice, but we didn't make a big fuss about it. He then rightfully spoke to us & brought us the menus again. (Most people would just get up & leave, we thought about it, but didn't).

This time we ordered chicken. There was some kind of small plastic piece in this dish, but we just did away with it & finished our meal, knowing we wouldn't go there again.

We were expecting a better reaction from the restaurant management to possibly neutralize the feeling we got about the place. Maybe not a free meal, but at least a discount, or at least for the manager to come & speak to us, but there was nothing!

This is the first time I have had this experience at a restaurant.

1  Thank Dan_DeSilva