All reviews beautiful lake tuk tuk peace and serenity lake view room rooms overlooking prawns off the beaten track total relaxation fruit bats monitor lizards sri lankan omelette enjoyable stay hikkaduwa town nice pool low season perfect place to stay comfortable rooms
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Although the location of the hotel is 5min away from the beach, its view on the laguna makes this hotel the ultimate place to relax. Great service in addition to a very tasteful breakfast, lunch, and diner. Although the terrace or balcony is very nice, the standard rooms can be found a bit outdated or at least basic, but with AC.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Kalla Bongo lake resort was one of the best hotels I've visited in the coastal area of Sri Lanka. Although it is not bordering a beach, it features spectacular views of a pristine lake that borders the hotel. The food and The service was excellent. A big Thank you to the owner Mr Melvin and his team for the great service and for the wonderful time we had. They have the best Ice Sorbet. We will definetly be going back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Very good customer service. Delicious foods for low price. Rooms are in very good condition. You can book pool or lagoon view rooms as per your requirements.

Hotel management/staff is very friendly. It takes only 15 minutes from hikkaduwa. You can get a three wheel for 200 rupees.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017

This was our first trip to Sri Lanka, and after 3 days on safari we were more than ready to chill out.

We stayed in Lake bungalow number 1, large room with good storage and very clean. The views onto the lake were stunning.

Melvyn one of the hotel owners makes everyone feel extremely welcome and we had a couple of late nights enjoying drinks and chatting.

Hikkaduwa beach is a short bumpy Tuk Tuk ride away, costs approx. 300 rupees. We did go down several times, but tended to race back, for the serenity of the hotel. Hotel food is so good and reasonably priced.

I would recommend anyone to try this hotel, we will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: Lake Room Number 1
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2017

HIkkaduwa was my last stop in my 5-day itinerary in Sri Lanka. I originally planned to book a hotel by the beach, however that changed because the purpose of my trip was relaxation. So after carefully scouting several reviews, I booked Kalla Bongo Lake Resort. I did not regret it. Outside the hotel and getting there was a bit rough because of the roads. But the moment you enter the gate of the property, it was total peace. It was the perfect end to my stay in Sri Lanka.

The landcape, pool, and overall view of the serene lake contributed to the mood. The rooms were clean and the staff and owners were really nice and accommodating. In terms of their service, from my point of view, it was excellent with a personal touch. The view of the lake from the poolside and from the restaurant was absolutely breathtaking. I will definitely recommend this to my friends.

If guests are interested in going to the beach, then the staff can organize a tuk tuk from the hotel to the beach. Very convenient. The tuk tuk charge was LKR300 (US$ 2), and the ride took 15minutes to the beach.

Room Tip: Second (first) floor pool room gives you a great view of the landscape and the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo