Neela's Guesthouse & Beach Restaurant
US$117
US$45
  • Beachfront
US$59
Hotel Ocean View Cottage(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
US$36
Priceline
Suite Lanka(Hikkaduwa)
US$124
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest housesri lankalovely familytop floorair conthird floorstayed here for nightsrooms are cleansea viewcomfy bedperfect stayceiling fanstayed longermosquito netthe location is perfectcurriesthe main road
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent several days in February with Neela, her wonderful son Chamara, his delightful wife and all their great staff. We had a big, air-conditioned room with balcony on the third floor. The room also had a little refrigerator, much appreciated after a warm afternoon on the beach. Looking past the roof tops from our balcony we could see the beach and sea, and early each morning a young woman arrived to do yoga on the rooftop in front of us. She was a real inspiration -- I had been thinking about yoga for some time, and after leaving Neela's for the east coast I found a great instructor. I will never be as awesome as the young woman who inspired me, but I am really enjoying my yoga! The restaurant at Neela's was great, as was the beach and the swimming. Our whole experience was absolutely positive, made all the more so by wonderful Chamara and crew.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect -- second floor with balcony, facing the sea.
1  Thank Lynne K
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I don't usually write reviews but felt I had too for Neela's as we had such an amazing stay there. Amazing family who run the guest house, extremely friendly and helpful staff, spotless accommodation and perfect location in Hikkaduwa - can't fault the place and can't recommend it enough. We'd stay back there in a heartbeat and happily recommend to any of our family and friends. Love Sri Lanka as a country and staying at Neela's only made our visit even more amazing.

1  Thank VLynch2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

me and wife stayed for 9 nights,chamara and staff excellent as allways!! the place to stay in hikkaduwa,been twice to neelas we will be back!! lovely quest house and restaurant! neela and family make you feel so at home!! cu again soon!!

Room Tip: rooms at top superb!!
1  Thank albertos186225
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Returned from Sri Lanka last night and had to right this review straight away. We stayed at Neelas for 13 nights and every day and night was perfect. From the moment we arrived my friend and I were made very welcomed by Chamara, his Family and Staff. No matter how busy they were they always made time to talk to us. They are very passionate about their country and it was lovely to share their stories. All the time we were there we were made so comfortable and relaxed that we didnt find any need to move around even though there were plenty of places to visit. That will be something we will do when we return with our husbands. Chamara did arrange for a driver to take us to a tea plantation and a visit to Galle Fort and Unawatuna beach. Galle was lovely with lots to see. We were a little disappointed with Unawatuna. The beach is nowhere near as nice as Hikkaduwa. Sri Lanka is a lovely country and the people are lovely. We have holidayed in Goa for the last 6 years but found Sri Lanka much cleaner and would not hesitate to return - especially to Neelas. Thank you again Chamara - hope to see you all in November - Sue & Alison

Room Tip: Room 10 - perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank looby_loo_essex13
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed for two nights (21 & 22 February 2014) at Neela's and had a lovely time. Chamara and his family were so welcoming and could not have done more to make my stay more enjoyable. The room (number 16 at the top) was spacious and very comfortable with a great balcony from which you could watch the surf crashing onto the shore. The food was also very good. So, all in all, a very nice place to spend some time in Hikkaduwa. I hope to return.

Room Tip: There are several rooms with balconies and sea views. I stayed at the room at the top of the hotel which was very private and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo