“Great Place”

Drifter's Hotel Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #82 of 125 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel so we enjoyed a few meals here. The prices were fair and the food good. They have a lot of variety so it is a great place for groups who may be wanting different types of food. The restaurant is open to air and right near the beach, so the atmosphere is nice. We rarely went away from the hotel to eat because we enjoyed the service we received at Drifter's.

1  Thank MeliQ

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Expensive compared to some others but clean and spacious rooms. Right on the beach, free sun beds, friendly staff, no complaints.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a clean and nice place right on the beach. The rooms are air-conditioned and the toilets are clean and tidy. The staff is very helpful. They also have a pool if the ocean is not big enough. The location is very convenient and close to local shops and bars. The restaurant is right next to the beach and you have the option of having a cool beer while watching the sun set. The food however is not fantastic. If you do try eating in, I would recommend sticking to Sri Lankan food which the chefs seem to be more comfortable with.
Overall, it was very good value for money.

1  Thank Taniade
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I had emergency business in Hikkaduwa and was there alone for Christmas.
I "drifted" into Drifters while walking down the beach looking for nice place to have lunch. The hotel I was staying at had no open restaurant. Drifters is best spot on beach for swimming so i went there,
I was in Hikkaduwa for a week and tried several places, nothing was even close to Drifters, the food was amazing, every day I tried different curry dishes and the nice owner made suggestions. The prawn curry was my favorite, extremely cheap $7 a meal with many side dishes, a beer or two, and soda and water.
I was invited to dine there for a Christmas dinner buffet and it was great, lots of fun and cheered up a lonely traveler missing is family on the holiday, If I ever make it back to Hikkaduwa, I plan to sty and eat there,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great location for surfing. Step onto the beach and walk 50 meters to a great beach break. Hotel is located between two board rental shops on the beach. On hot days the pool was especially refreshing. The night life is located about 400 meters down the beach on either side of the hotel. This is critical as i would not have wanted to stay in a place where i could hear the music from the beach bars which lasted until late into the morning. Hotel was fortunately located in a quite spot of the beach with no loud bars nearby. After surfing in the morning i would order breakfast in the restaurant which over looks the surf break. I especially liked this aspect of being able to eat while watching others catch waves.