“Best pizza in Hikkaduwa”
Review of Wood Fire Pizza

Wood Fire Pizza
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We enjoyed a really nice evening at this first floor restaurant which overlooks the main road in Hikkaduwa. It may be noisy from the road at times, but that adds to the charm and is great for people watching! The pizzas are wood fired and whilst they may lack depth of flavour, they're certainly the best that we had in Sri Lanka. The staff are friendly and the service was good. Reasonable value too.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

The pizzas are fine here! Bottom nice chrispy If you sit a little in the back the noises of traffic wont bother you. We did not try the pastas, but they looked good at the table of our neighbour!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

As we fancied a pizza we decided to try this place as we had read a few reviews on here. Things didn't get off to the best start after my 4 year old son burnt his hand on a lit incense stick which was protruding from the back of his chair.
Anyway after sitting down we waited patiently for a menu. After finally receiving one after about 10 minutes we ordered our drinks. Fifteen minutes later they arrived and to their credit the beer was ice cold.
My wife ordered a pizza with the olives replaced by sausage. After a long wait it arrived minus the olives, AND sausage.
My pizza was fine. I then ordered a desert of waffle sandwich with
2 flavour's of ice cream. After another long wait I received just the ice cream in a glass. The waiter insisted that this was what I ordered. I pointed the item out on the menu and he then said they 'have the waffles and had given me this instead. We paid and left.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Waited over half an hour for a plate of wedges and well over an hour for one pizza! The reason being their 'wood oven' can only accomodate two pizzas at once and they take about ten minutes or so to cook. If the place is busy then you will be waiting a very long time.
Pizza was sparsely populated and they dont use mozzerrella cheese, instead its chedder which is far cheaper and not as nice. Also, if i wanted chedder then I would have asked for chedder instead of mozerella.
I brought this to the waiters attention (as well as the long waiting time) and he was incredibly rude. Sri Lankans are just so friendly but this guy and all the guys working there have an issue.
Anyway the guy said we can either eat it or not and then he said some things in his native tongue.
Well, me originating from this part of the world and all the languages being very sinilar picked up on this and I told everyone what he said as well as all the rude and incredibly inappropriate remarks he spoke about paying customers to after he had left their table.
Everyone was furious, he tried to deny but then he went off in a state of embarassment. Absolutely no apology whatsoever.
Anyway, this place has a ten percent service charge policy and alot of people simply didnt pay it. The management got in a huff but knew they were wrong.
Still recieved no apology or anything.
Avoid this place, Hikkaduwa is amassed with fantastic dining options as is Sri Lanka on a whole so go somewhere where your waiters arent rude and say incredibly rude things to you and hide behind the language barrier.
When a restaurant stops respecting paying customers especially when they have a ten percent surcharge policy for 'service charge' people really need to stop accepting that regardless of the food which as mentioned wasnt great.
If they treat customers in their masses like this then how do you think they treat the food....

2  Thank MalikAdventures
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice and had a great experience both times. The pizzas are really excellent and so was the service. All the guys working here tried hard to meet our needs (two families with young boys). I would strongly recommend this place. Well worth it.