“Best Pizza in Hikka”

Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The pizza here is delicious and in my opinion the best in Hikkaduwa. The restaurant can get quite hot as it faces the road, however they have a couple of tables on the other side of the guest house facing the sea and when we asked to sit there the staff were very accommodating and set one up, even though it was quite a long way away from the restaurant / kitchen. The pizzas are made in a wood-fire oven and over the years that we have been going the standard / quality of the cheese / products that they use has not dropped, which is great to see and really makes a difference to the taste. One thing I would say though it occasionally we have been disappointed by the Greek salad - it is probably worth checking what kind of feta cheese they have in stock as it varies and a couple of times it has not been worth ordering.

There are newer reviews for Time n Tide Wood Fire Pizza

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We went for some pizza and grabbed an ice cream on the way out! Restaurant was busy so Pizzas took a while but I expected this after reading reviews! not the best pizza but we were in sri lanka not Italy so can't really complain - For me it was a nice change from Sri Lankan food as we had been there for a couple of weeks - was quite expensive

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We enjoyed a really nice evening at this first floor restaurant which overlooks the main road in Hikkaduwa. It may be noisy from the road at times, but that adds to the charm and is great for people watching! The pizzas are wood fired and whilst they may lack depth of flavour, they're certainly the best that we had in Sri Lanka. The staff are friendly and the service was good. Reasonable value too.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

The pizzas are fine here! Bottom nice chrispy If you sit a little in the back the noises of traffic wont bother you. We did not try the pastas, but they looked good at the table of our neighbour!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

As we fancied a pizza we decided to try this place as we had read a few reviews on here. Things didn't get off to the best start after my 4 year old son burnt his hand on a lit incense stick which was protruding from the back of his chair.
Anyway after sitting down we waited patiently for a menu. After finally receiving one after about 10 minutes we ordered our drinks. Fifteen minutes later they arrived and to their credit the beer was ice cold.
My wife ordered a pizza with the olives replaced by sausage. After a long wait it arrived minus the olives, AND sausage.
My pizza was fine. I then ordered a desert of waffle sandwich with
2 flavour's of ice cream. After another long wait I received just the ice cream in a glass. The waiter insisted that this was what I ordered. I pointed the item out on the menu and he then said they 'have the waffles and had given me this instead. We paid and left.