Sunbeach Hotel
US$36
US$98
US$74
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Hotel Ocean View Cottage(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$28
Suite Lanka(Hikkaduwa)
US$160
Aditya(Hikkaduwa)
US$200
US$192
Priceline
All reviewshomemade marmaladestaff currybody boardingjumbo prawnsmozzie netwake upoverlooking the seasri lankasurf beachlovely hotela wonderful place to staydecent sizecurriessun loungerssound of the wavesair conditioningevery evening
Reviewed 29 February 2016

A super relaxing, beautiful place… Great staff, great food, all complimented by being located it pretty much the perfect spot on the beach - mellow reef right out front with the main peak just a skip to the right, with the party venues close enough to tempt but far enough away not to impose. The manager, Chaminda, was on-hand and went above-and-beyond to make my stay enjoyable and stress-free. Overall a super place, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank AlexCameronReid
Reviewed 19 February 2016

It was the second time with my boyfriend that we booked this hotel and we were not disappointed at all. 3 years ago we had a bigger room, this month we had a small room with A/C and still it was good. The location is amazing, in front of the surf spot and breakfast delicious with the sea view. The staff is friendly and available. We did not had lunch or dinner at Sunbeach because we found it quite expensive compare to the other restaurants around. Anyway good experience and thank you for your professionalism.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monia77186
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I recently spend over 2 weeks in this hotel and from the first day I checked in to the day I left it was a wonderful place to stay. I arrived around the middle of the day, checked into my room upstairs where you can see and hear the ocean, had some lunch, went for a surf, followed by a nap. I ended up sleeping for longer than planned and woke around 10.00pm very hungry having missed dinner. Nothing was too much for Chaminda and his staff and he had a meal of rice and curry served within no time at all. I have been coming to Sri Lanka since 2005 and this is my third time in Hikkaduwa and I will definitely be coming back to Sunbeach. My favorite meal in the restaurant was the garlic and chilli prawns.....delicious!!

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view........you will pay more but it's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 29 January 2016

We stayed here for 5 nights after travelling for almost 6 weeks in Sri Lanka. We specifically wanted to stay in a nice and comfortable hotel for our last few nights (having already stayed in a budget hotel before in Hikkaduwa) and Sunbeach did not disappoint. We booked the sea view room and it delivered on its promise. Also, we absolutely loved the air-conditioning unit (the best we ever had) that kept the room pleasantly cool without freezing it and the wonderful double bed. It truly felt like home for a few days and we were sorry to leave.
The hotel also runs yoga classes in the morning and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast is lovely and the food they serve is also delicious. Unlike many other places in Hikkaduwa you don't have to wait forever to be served.
The wifi is excellent both in the room and on the beach.
Highly recommend it if you're not travelling on a shoestring, but they also have budget rooms which I am sure are equally lovely.

Room Tip: The seaview rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julianna35
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Sunbeach is relaxed, friendly and right on the beach. I was lucky enough to get one of the front rooms with large balcony overlooking the beach and ocean. I saw some fantastic sunsets from there and fell asleep to the sound of crashing waves. The bedroom was clean and simple yet also quite grand with its large double bed and hard wood furniture.
The staff, led by manager Chaminda, were always helpful and friendly. I tried eating out at other places a couple of times but I enjoyed the food so much at Sunbeach that there was actually no point in doing that. All the ingredients are freshly sourced each day and the mix of curries, using fish, chicken, and many, various local vegetables was just the best.
The front garden area, with its funky yellow tables and its sun loungers, makes the most of its beachside location. Even though the hotel is located within the tourist zone it is also just far enough away from the clusters of bars and hotels to its left and right to feel more relaxed and peaceful... even though it only takes a few minutes to walk along the beach (or roadside) to get to the bars.
There's an arty vibe to Sunbeach that makes it one of the cooler places to stay out in Hikkaduwa. I will definitely return to Sunbeach in 2016!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have balconies with views of the sea and beach. Recommended and especially if you like the sound of the sea at night.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends