“Excellent Place for Diving”

International Diving School
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Hikkaduwa
More attraction details
Owner description: International Diving School, the premier diving school in Sri Lanka offers diving experiences and certification at its centers in Hikkaduwa and Trincomalee. October to April - Hikkaduwa (Diving Only) May to September - Trincomalee (Diving & Water Sports)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Place for Diving”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I can fully recommend the International Dive Center, where I made my Padi Open Water Diver course in January 2013.

The equipment provided was always reproachless and the diving conditions in the sea were very good - in particular for me as a beginner (relatively calm water, good sight, beautiful marine flora and fauna).

However, what I would like to emphasize most is the exceedingly friendly atmosphere at this dive center. My instructors Maya and Milan did a very good job and I would like to thank them very much for their great support and the fantastic time we had together.

If you watch out for the perfect dive center in Hikkaduwa: Go to the International Dive Center. It is located close to the Coral Sands Hotel.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Oliver_Duesseldorf

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pro training, even of kids”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Our kids (14,16) were signed up for PADi Open Water here in Hikkaduwa. It has been a great experience. The staff were very professional and at the same time they managed to make it fun. Even the traing was in english the satff ensured full understanding. The combination of theory and practice was ideal. This place has our full recommandation

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hjørdis L
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very professional and friendly dive School”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

At first I was sceptic when my partner told me we'll be doing an Suba Diving Discovering Course. After an intensive briefing we did our first dive in the confined water of the Hikkaduwa beach. Later on I realised how easy it is to breath under water, nothing could stop me from doing the full 3 days PADI Open Water Course. The Team of the International Dive Center is super professional, patient and friendly. They put a lot of effort in making everybody feel safe and at ease. The sophisticated background of the Coral Sands Hotel does help. My special thanks go to Charit, Maya, Milan, Darshana the boat crew and everybody else that is involved in making this place run as smootly as it does. I already miss the sugary "warm up" teas and dry crackers... KEEP IT UP, guys!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank LaMangue
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good dive school - nice people - lot of fun”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This divining school is located at Coral Sands Hotel and easy to reach via the beach. People there are very nice and helpful. I have done several fun dives and my boyfriend is Open Water Course. Instructors are very good and we felt very comfortabke with them.
Would definately go there again!
Thanks to Maya and Milan.

1 Thank Sylvia S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent dive school, friendly and felt very safe.”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We decided to do an open water review here having find our PADI course 10years ago and were hugely impressed, and ended up staying to dive for 3 days. Our instructor Darshana was very clear and thorough with good English and we felt very safe. We also then dived with Charit and Mja (apologies for spelling errors!) who were also very competent and helpful. Everyone at the school is very friendly and the Sarat the boat driver has incredible navigation skills with no gps. We did two interesting wreck dives and a beautiful deep dive. Would recommend them 100%.

3 Thank RosieDa