“Arrogant owner”

Spaghetti & Co
Ranked #15 of 112 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aperto tutti i giorni dalle 6.00 pm. Poya - day e altre feste religiose non possiamo vendere alcolici come da direttive del governo dello Sri lanka.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Really rude italian owner. Told us to sit elswewhere, not asked, literally told us. When we were making our way out he said strange "german people are terrible, they always complain". Must have thought we were german lol.
I thought italians were very positive. This wasn't.

1  Thank Anna S
There are newer reviews for Spaghetti & Co

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We came to this place with my wife as she likes Italian food very much. There is some other place in Hikkaduwa with great pizza that we frequent, but passing by Spagetti&Co we decided to stop and try it out.
The place was very full and far from cozy, but we thought that the food should be excellent hence the amount of people. We sat at a table and 5 minutes later came an italian man(must be the owner) telling us to get up and sit at another table, instead of bringin the menu. And it was not that kind of "sorry, could you please..." No, it was an arrogant "You have to.." He said that the table we originally sat at was not suitable for us as we're only two and table could house more people he said. Needless to say, there was no "reserved" sign or such on the original table. We decided to try it some other time, as the table he offered was right in the middle on the restaraunt and far from romantic. So when the italian man saw us leaving He said right at our face "Russian people are terrible". I just smiled back. I did not want to ruin my evening any more. On our way out of this hole we saw a couple of big touris buses on the Spagetti&Co's parking. They must be having customers brought to them by tour companies or nearby hotels. So it kind of made sence to me, as I dont' really think they'll care too much about Tirpadvisor and its reviews. I havent's tried the food and never will so I will not comment on it.
Anyways I hope this review saves someone else's evening.

5  Thank Igor P
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Place is very nice with garden like surroundings. Service was good if compared to service standards in Hikkaduwa. Food was good, we ate pizza and lasagne. Nothing really special, but it was made of good ingredients and was nice alteration for Sri Lankan food.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We went here for dinner one night and had a great night. The atmosphere is quite nice. The restaurant is covered, but open to air on all sides (much like everything in Hikkaduwa). The service was good, and the food excellent. We had some bruschetta, gnocci, pasta and pizza. Everything was good and the prices reasonable. I suppose by Sri Lanka standards, it is not super cheap but we thought that it was a fair value. They have wine, but we did not partake as wine in Sri Lanka tends to be expensive everywhere.

We would return in the future.

1  Thank MeliQ
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were recommended this place from the Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel as they were full. We arrived, we were pointed in the direction of a random table, so we sat ourselves down. Old waitresses didn't have an order pad, and chose to memorize order, I asked about a pate bruchetta to start, but we decided to have a pasta each and pizza to share. 10 minutes later, the pate arrived! We didnt grumble, it was cheap and was ok. When that plate was cleared along with cutlery, we got told to keep our knives and forks by the waitress, strange, was she on washing duty??? Pizza came, that was fine. My ravioli was nice, my partners fish pasta was very salty. I asked for a coke 2 separate occasions, no luck, never arrived so we left

1  Thank Dave B