“What an amazing beach side base to stay at”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hikkaduwa
Seethani Guest House
Ranked #49 of 155 Hikkaduwa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Was in another guest house nearby for a couple of nights but as we were wanting to stay for another week we wanted somewhere on the beach to be so when we spotted how good this place looked we checked it out. The downstairs room we got was lovely with a comfortable four poster bed, clean shower and wc with plenty hot water and air con at a very good price. Could see the beach through the window and it was nice and safe as there was a nightly security guard and a closed gate from the beach main road. The breakfast was good too they had nice thick doorstep toast done under the grill and to my amazement in SL... Peanut Butter.
On day three the air con broke and as soon as we reported it they came to fix it, it needed a spare part so they immediately. helped us move next door which was good of the owner. All staff were very helpful especially the two lads waitering. We loved it here so much we decided to extend our weeks stay for another two nights but as our room was booked we went upstairs to a room with no hot water (we were told that there is a couple of rooms yet to be upgraded) but we got them at a cheaper rate and the shower water was warm anyway so all good.
On our day to go home the taxi we had booked was going to be late, the lady that lives there kindly offered us her husband to drive us to Columbo in their car which I thought was a really nice touch but the taxi turned up So thank you for the help
All in all you can't go wrong with staying here it is a lovely place and will book again if we come back to SL
Big thank you to all at Seethani for the excellent hospitality
Paul and Lesley McIntosh
Newcastle upon Tyne

Room Tip: One of the two (no 5) on the ground floor that face the restaurant/beach are a good room to have
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulandLesleyMc
There are newer reviews for Seethani Guest House

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The location is comfortable. Not all the rooms are good but we took room without ac which was nice at 2500 rp. The laundry service is great. Its not the best place we have been to in sri lanka but its good considering the other options and the price. We ate one evening at neela's (the neighbors) and its wasn't so good and expensive!!!! But the day after we stay and eat at our guest house and it was much better. Enjoy!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

very sad. I just went there, had a look at the cheaper upstairs room for 3500 Rs and did a reservation for 3 nights. I didn't have my luggage with me and said I would be back in 30 min. Then I called them to say I would be arriving a little later (2pm), as my wife was not ready yet and we had check out our GH. So far ok, they said no problem. Then they called back maybe 20 min later, telling me it was full. How come, I asked. They just gave the room to someone else, probably for a higher rate.
That's not the way to treat your customers, very disappointing!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We spend there 12 days and it was one of the best experiences in Asia. Rooms are clean and spacious, breackfast is delicius with excelent caffe and big toast!
Prices are in average but you can also bargain and get a good deal!

Room Tip: Better view in rooms upstears and more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out the rooms at Seethani Guest House. The rates were very affordable and the room was amazing. High ceilings, huge comfortable bed with a mosquito net, hot water and a nice balcony area. Spotlessly clean too. Definitely a cut above the rest in the same price range.

I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff either. They were accommodating and very sweet. I had a slight issue with an outside light bulb and they fixed it immediately. The attached restaurant serves great food for less than the surrounding restaurants.

I checked out about 10 hotels in the area and Seethani Guest House was the best of the bunch. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 12 was wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights, the first 2 with no AC and then changed over to a room with AC.
I'm going through menopause so the AC was the way to go for me to enjoy.
Guest house is on the beach so it takes no time to go down and enjoy the beach and water. Great restaurants all along here. We had breakfast in the guest house each morning for a small price and was great food. Rooms would be great if they had a bar fridge. We had problems a few times with the power always going out but it was soon fixed when they got someone in to repair.

Room Tip: Try and get the AC rooms if the heat gets to you. Only 2 available I believe.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robandray59
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed 6 nights here, room was very nice with wooden furniture and new bathroom. Reasonable price and directly at the beach, beach loungers included. Staff is friendly, food is very good - try the egg kunkun when you're there! At night it was very quiet, there was no noise from the street. Really enjoyed our stay there, we'll definitely come back in december!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple