“Tropical Paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
pool side
gatehouse front view of villa
Check Availability
lotus in pond
flowers
detail of art work
front pavillion
pool with infinity view over rice paddies
pool pavilion
seafood medley
asian paradise flycatcher
kingfisher dreaming
pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

plfin
Siikajoki, Finland
“Nice place with very good pool area with some things to note.”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

AS this place was rated very high by others, i have to explain why i did not give so high remarks. This place was now under new management and staff and they were not yet in the level that they should be.
But anyhow, you have read of all those nice things on other reviews so i focus now on those challenges we met.
* We agreed extra bed in one bedroom. That was not there when we arrived BUT they fixed that next day. Good.
* Staff there were not speaking English. Even one of them should, actually he didn't. Even simplest things were not very easy to cope and that led us and staff for many calls to real managers (who actually reside in Colombo).
* There is NO KITCHEN for tenants. That was very, very big disappointment for us. There were no even refrigerator for us to use. After some discussions, we got one shelf for us on refrigerator in a scullery, and microwave oven. So only way to get something to eat is to order from these guys something to eat from menu or go eat somewhere else. For many this is just ok so if you like that you have "mini restaurant" at your villa, then this is just fine. Menu was quite short and pricing was quite alike on restaurants nearby. Food was ok but nothing special (cook was different than other reviews). But for us this was more like "we would like to get more revenue and profit" denying tenants to cook by themselves. Other villas i have used with cook included, cook have prepared meal we mutually agreed and we have paid only groceries based on receipts.
NOTE: Prices in menu do NOT include 10% service fee and it has NOT been mentioned in menu.
* You are not totally alone as staff is living in same property. 24h.
* There were one day heavy, heavy rains and roof was leaking in main bathroom directly to table. Luckily our hair dryer was not connected to electricity as it got wet. Also water was leaking in hall. And two of three toilets were clogged.
* There is a safety box in master bedroom for your valuables BUT it was not connected/fastened to nothing. So not very safe.
* Pool was working only partially (something wrong there) and they didn't get it fixed on that 6 days we stayed.
* WIfi connectivity was quite poor and day times it actually did not work at all. Best time to get decent connectivity was early in the morning (before 6am).

Regardless of these challenges, would recommend this place but you have to understand realities of this place. Especially pool area was very nice and relaxing.

Date of stay: October 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool area
Liked least: No kitchen for tenants to use
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children Large groups
15 Nov 2016
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Villa Gallindawatta,
Your comments have been noted. We wish you and your family all the very best and good luck with all your future travels.

Kind regards

Fiona, Glenn, Sampath, and Sandun
OrielM
Redbourn, United Kingdom
“Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed 7 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

booked this villa many months prior and have to say that Tam was absolutely fantastic and answered all our questions and queries we had before we arrived. The villa is lovely and has everything needed and the gardens were stunning.
The 2 guys who look after the villa Asita and Asela were just brilliant, they played cricket endlessly with my boys (11 and 14) and even bought my eldest a card and a present as it was his birthday when we were there, so I cannot say enough good things about them. We ate in about half the time and the curries were wonderful as was the breakfast, when we ate out we enjoyed Asian Jewel, Refresh and the hotel called Bansai.
All in all an incredible holiday in a wonderful location, great villa and the friendliest people you could wish to meet

Date of stay: August 2015
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The pool area
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
9 Sep 2015
Thank you Caroline and Marcus for the lovely review. So glad you had a great holiday. I will be at the villa in October so will pass on your kind comments to Asela and Asitha when I see them.
Best wishes, Tam
AndersIbs...
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best vacation house ever”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We recommend this great villa, first and foremost because of the excellent service and hospitality provided by the manager Rochan: so friendly, intelligent and foreseeing our every need, as well as making suggestions about what to see in the area. Rochan created a calm and fun atmosphere, but never forgot his high level of professionalism earned in a career of top hotels and restaurants.
The house itself is a heaven: cool clean rooms, beautifully decorated, showing great Sri Lankan art pieces, and outside a big well-kept garden with interesting plants. Our favourite area was the infinity pool with a stunning view over the patio.
We recommend this house and its management and will for sure come back.

Date of stay: June 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool area and great food prepared by the chef and the managers excellent service
Liked least: We liked everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
5 Aug 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. Roshan will be so happy that you appreciated his service. Hope to see you again in 2015.
Best wishes,
Brussels
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Date of stay: February 2014
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
29 Apr 2014
Thank you Aurelie and family for the lovely review. Glad to you enjoyed your month at the villa.
Mark B
Sandy, United Kingdom
“Good but not Excellent”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Lovely place and very friendly staff. Unfortunately there are some areas for improvement. Beds not made up without prompting, pool needs refurb as paint coming off walls and staining clothes, cleaning of rooms not regular. Also get bills for food as you go as Roshan tends to over charge you considerably. Check meters on arrival & departure as I think you may be overcharged here as well. Get your own drivers or at least check price as rates are considerably more again than others offering same service.
Owner seems a terrific person and genuinely concerned when thinks are not right, but has to rely on local staff

Date of stay: April 2014
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location & views from pool
Liked least: Poor service and rip off costs
Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children Large groups
23 Apr 2014
Thank you Mark for your feedback. You are right when you say I am genuinely concerned when things are not right. This is why I have apologised, accepted responsibility for your complaints and done my best to rectify and reimburse you appropriately. I am disappointed that you felt you had to post a review such as this as I thought we had settled matters to your satisfaction.

• Re "Beds not made up": I have raised this with the staff and they have committed to making beds up in a more timely manner in future. As you are aware we don't have dedicated housemaids so they must prioritise all their daily tasks and the routine can vary depending on what each day presents.
• Re "Cleaning of rooms not regular": There is a room cleaning schedule which includes daily making of beds, emptying bins, sweeping floor. I have reminded my staff of the importance of adhering to this.
• Re Pool issues: I did alert you that Sri Lanka was having a severe drought which meant that our water supply/well ran dry and mud and silt got into the pool. I am advised this impacted the polished titanium concrete walls of the pool (there is no paint). The pool company has since re-balanced the pool and all is ok. The pool is only 3 years old. I realise the pool is an important feature of my property so I did offer you a full refund and suggested you find alternative accommodation.
• Re "Overcharging": As you felt you were overcharged for meals and transport, I refunded you $200 accordingly. I do urge guests to ask for the bills daily and check they are in line with agreed charges. I believe that Roshan is trustworthy and I have asked him to ensure he calculates the bills accurately and to explain any charges that are extraordinary.

Though I live in Melbourne, I am just a phone call/email away and urge guests to contact me if there are any issues.

Wishing you all the best for the future.
Yours sincerely,
Leeds
Reviewed 21 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Date of stay: February 2014
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
21 Feb 2014
Thank you Julie for your kind words and such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you and Jonathan in the future.

Best wishes,

Nevada
Reviewed 31 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Date of stay: October 2013
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.