The owner Mihindu is very nice and cooperative person. He is so helpful that you will feel like at home. We had booked our stay two months in advance for 3 triple bedroom for 3 days so he gave us very good discounts. But due to some reasons couple of our freinds could not make the jouerny and we had decided to take 2 tripple rooms for two days since we wanted to spend some time in colombairly. But he didnot take advantage o this during the settelment and treated us fairly. The check in adn checkout time is 12:00 PM but reach early in morning at 3:00 AM due to our filght schedule. Our room were not empty that time and we were worried about waiting till 12:00 PM. He generausly asked us to take rest in couple of his non AC room till our rooms get empty and cleaned. Some of us have to call back to inform our family to infarm about safe jouerny. He didnot charge us single penny since every nobody called home more than min each. He has arranged transport for us with very reasonable cost (The transportaion is costly in Sri Lanka). We didnt converted Indian rupees into Srilankan Rupees or USD at airport and Mihidu didnt had any issue accepting payment in Indian ruppes. The food is costly here since they dont give 24 X 7 kitchen facility. You need to order your food in advance. You can find better food after copule of block near to it from beach side (the shack called something like fisherman ...). The food was very nice there and was available till 4 am morning if you able to reach there before 9:50 PM night. The only bad thing in Srilanka is the inflation, Its very high and most of the time they seek USD acoss the Srilanka. Food and transportation are costly in across the Srilanka. You can purchase clothes in very reasonable price from House of fashion at Colombo. Last but not leat the Cab driver Bhasha Dasnaiyke was very helpful. He was worth spending money and not greedy at all. We dont notice any sort of criminal people during our stay unlike other tourist places. Sri Lanka is very safe place. You can blindly roam arround at any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist paradise of Hikkaduwa, in south cost of Sri Lanka we offer 20 Deluxe rooms for accommodation. 10 of them comes with a balcony view of inland Sri Lanka, facing the sun raise every morning, while the other 10 rooms offering a balcony view of the great blue Indian Ocean and the signature sunset in the evening. All rooms are Air Conditioned, includes a mini-refrigerator, En-suite bathroom with hot and cold water supply. Spacious garden with swimming pool to relax under the sun, with direct access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Ocean View Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Cottage Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Ocean View Cottage Hikkaduwa