“Our favourite Hotel in Sri Lanka”
other travellers have booked this property
RECEPTION The Washrooms
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
RECEPTION
The Washrooms
Typical Jaffna Food
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Simone M
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Our favourite Hotel in Sri Lanka”
Reviewed 1 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at D'Villa for 4 nights. Dilan, the owner was always very friendly and helped us very competent with all our questions. Speaking an excellent English, he could tell us a lot about Jaffna and its history, and recommended some places we would not have found without him. The D'Villa has 5 guest rooms which all have the same standard. Our room was very clean and we felt like at home.

We ate at the guesthouse two times (homemade, authentic, delicious Jaffna food) - it was absolutely fantastic!!

Thank you very much Dilan for everything!

Liked best: Service, Food, perfect Host
Liked least: that we had to leave...
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Aug 2015
Dear Respected Guest,
It is my pleseure to serve you at my guest house.
Thanks for your valuable Review.
Regards from Jaffna,
LachlanAn...
Wellington, New Zealand
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 25 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I stayed for 3 nights in April 2015 with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The rooms were well presented, clean, spacious, comfortable, air conditioned.

Dilan was very helpful with all our arrangements. For example we had to change our dates from our original booking a couple of weeks before arrival and that was no problem for Dilan.

Food was magnificent, my wife is a Sri Lankan Tamil raised in New Zealand and she thinks the food was almost as good as her mum and aunties'.

Good value for money. Location is fine in Chundukuli.

We made the booking via email after getting contact details from here and paid in full at checkout - this seems to work best for the owners.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
25 May 2015
Dear Lachlan & Anusha,
Thanks for staying at my place and for the review.
Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2015 for a stay in June 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Excellent host - very helpful. The place was clean. Breakfast was good.
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 May 2015
Dear Respected Guests,
Thanks for staying at my place and for your encouraging review.
Will keep the same service offered to our guest in the future too.
Regards from Jaffna
Simsi
Sri Lanka
“North of Sri Lanka Visit”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Landed in the Morning at 4.30 Am near the Jaffna Kachcheri, After Calling Mr Dilan, direction and arranged a Tuk Tuk. Mr Dilan was at the Entrance to receive me and lead me to the Room. Later by about 8am after BKF he arranged a TUK TUK to take for Jaffna City Tour and the following day arranged a Tuk Tuk for Delf Island Tour.

I can tell it was a peaceful place for any one, who thinks of Budget type accommodation for
1 -2 Days In Jaffna.

Behind the Guest House you can sit on the Balcony wall and watch the Train. But i missed all the Trains passing by, but enjoyed seeing the Kids playing near the Railway line.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Apr 2015
Dear Respected Guest,
Thanks for staying at my place and reviewing it.
Im happy that, you enjoied your stay in Jaffna specially Delft Island.
Best Regards,
THE-SENAN...
Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
“Friendly host, good accomodation”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a warm welcome by Mr. Anton, the owner.
The guest house is basic, but very clean and well
looked after. Our room had 2 brought beds, a nice
bathroom, LED TV and aircon. There is no breakfast
facilities, but hot water and free Tea is available.
This place is good value for your money.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: friendly host
Liked least: no breakfast offered
Friends getaway
31 Jul 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your REVIEW.
And Im happy you enjoyed you stay wit us.
Regards from Jaffna,
PaulRanga
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Pleasant stay at D'Villa Guest House”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

My 17 year old son and I stayed at D'Villa for 6 days from December 1, 2013 and I must say that the hosts were very accommodating. I was given good directions by Dilan, so when we got off the bus and called, his father come by and lead us to the D'Villa which was nearby. We were introduced to a very helpful and honest 'auto' driver who lived close by and who took us around for all the trips. Dilan's father Anton was always around to attend to our needs.

Food is available a few minutes away or in Jaffna town itself, about 3 km from the guest house.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly and helpful hosts.
Liked least: No water heater.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
pubble
Derby, United Kingdom
“A warm friendly environment; clean, cool and comfortable”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

I have travelled around Sri Lanka extensively staying in many plush and budget places, and this is a little gem. Travelling by myself is also difficult sometimes but the son and father team are so friendly and cannot do enough to make you feel at your ease.

For the price, the luxury of air conditioning is very unusual and a real treat, though actually the room fans were remarkably effective and at this time of year I hardly used the a/c. The bathroom is unusually well designed - the toilet being a slight level above the shower with ... amazingly enough - a shower curtain - also pretty much unheard of in Sri Lanka budget accommodation where the shower usually bathes the toilet at the same time - so although in my room you still get damp feet on the way to the toilet (other rooms I saw have the bathroom designed so this doesn't happen)- you do at least have a dry seat!! The beds are a good size and very comfortable and even my single room has two large beds, which makes it feel spacious.

There is a smart flat-screen TV though the reception isn't too great, and breakfast and light evening dinner on request - at times which suited me perfectly with a busy working schedule. I was happy that the owner thoughtfully accommodated my needs without me asking, and provided some extra hanging space as I am travelling for a long time and have clothes for different occasions.

Although I like to walk out of accommodation into the central areas, Jaffna is so large that it would be hard to not need transport - so the few kilometres into the centre are not too difficult by three wheeler or taxi - and the main A9 road is a few yards away so probably buses go there too.

The accommodation is above the main house so there are steps for people who may struggle, but there is a nice eating area as well as some sofas to relax on , and an outside area which they are hoping to develop in the near future. There is a tea making area with cups and a kettle as well as a public fridge which are also very rare for this kind of guest house - all thoughtful additions which make this a home from home.

My host speaks superb English (also teaches it!) and provides much interesting information about the area, and I am sure would know how to meet anyone's needs. Indeed I wanted some clothing stitching for me and they arranged that, so I am really happy I came to stay here.

It is not the norm in Sri Lankan guest houses to be given upper sheets or towelling so if you need them you may need to ask! I travel with my own after long experience! :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: kindness of owner
Liked least: not as central as would have liked
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing