We stayed at Pantiya Estate Bungalow for 10 days in early February - and have been feeling the benefits ever since. Not only did we have a wonderful, relaxing holiday but our health improved there too! The setting was stunning, surrounded by virbrant trees, flowers and birds. The air was clean and we had blue skies and sunshine everyday. Sitting on the verandah outside our room we were able to observe nature throughout the day. This was our first visit to Sri Lanka and whilst anticipating some rest and relaxation in the warmth, we had no idea that our host, Iresha and her staff would take so much care and attention to look after us. Their warmth and kindness enabled us to let go of even holiday cares and concerns as they made life as easy as possible for us. This included chatting to us about the local area and people living there, arranging for us to meet local families and workers on the rubber plantation and organising a visit to the school, where we chatted to the children and teachers - and shared cake. We were able to feel part of the community during our stay. Iresha also arranged trips further afield for us so we didn't have to spend time fretting about organisational issues. The food at the Bungalow was delicious and varied - freshly prepared from local ingredients by Kamal, the cook; Ajith, with great insight and wisdom, produced fresh, natural Ayurvedic herbal remedies and advice for those in need of them and an Ayurvedic masseur came to give massages on site; daily swims in the pool helped to build up our strength; Lionel was always on hand and took great care helping with all kinds of activities and Prakash was our diligant guide. It would be possible to thrive at the Pantiya Bungalow without ever leaving the premises! Thank you to all and we look forward very much to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bungalow is a colonial building built in 1907. It nestles in the hills of Pantiya rubber estates.Originally built by an British planter, this bungalow has been fully refurbished, retaining its old world charm. Only one booking at a time is taken to ensure guests have the entire bungalow to themselves. Its comfortable and spacious bedrooms, extensive gardens with a swimming pool, magnificent views, interesting location near the south coast and the mild climate all combine to make The Bungalow an inviting property for families or friends.ONLY WELL BEHAVED PETS ALLOWED. STRICTLY NO PETS ALLOWED INTO THE POOL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Bungalow at Pantiya Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pantiya Estate Holiday Bungalow Hotel Kalutara
- The Bungalow At Pantiya Estate Sri Lanka/Kalutara