My partner and I stayed at the Mermaid Hotel for a period of two weeks. We were not disappointed once in the whole trip. Rooms were superbly presented with fast flowing shower and lovely comfortable beds, the balcony overlooked the pool and was a great place to sit in the evenings. All of the staff were very freindly and helpful, there were always flowers laid on the bed when the cleaners visited. The resteraunt catered for so many yet was still amazing quality.. The local dishes were lovely as well as others and there was always a great selection to choose from!
There was always a great variety of activities to take part in throughout the day including cricket and water polo, the available spa is definitely worth visiting as is the beach. We wandered down to the beach every evening to watch the sunset.
The beach boys may seem irritating but being a young coupled we decided to talk to a few, they were immensely helpful and the most genuine people we had ever met! Siri and Chala tours catered for our trip to the Elephant Orphanage and Dambulla rock temple aswell as the trip to Sigirya. Both trips were great value for money and extremely comfortable travelling in a mini bus with air con! Siri and Chala made sure we gained a full Sri Lanka experience, stopping off to buy fruits and drinks and making sure we were always happy. They were great tour guides and stuck with us all the way unless we requested otherwise. They also showed us around the local town of Kalutara via Tuk-Tuk, it helped to have a local your guide as you are less likely to get charged "tourist" rates in the towns.. Siri and Chala made our holiday a best and we will definitely be seeing them in the future! Definitely worth a try and definitely book into the Mermaid! It was a once in a lifetime experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mermaid Hotel & Club lies on the golden sands of Mahawaskaduwa; a cosy fishing village in the city of Kalutara which is of religious significance, just 24 miles south of Colombo and 45 miles from the International airport. It is cleverly nestled in a vast coconut grove along a stretch of golden, sandy beach; a perfect get-away for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Sunspot Tours, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mermaid & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mermaid And Club
- Resort All Inclusive Mermaid
- Mermaid Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Mermaid & Club Sri Lanka/Kalutara