“Good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Good food”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Bake house is a restaurant I have been to for so many years.
The food is always good and getting better with the years gone by.
My favorite is the 'Special Lunch' which is rice and a mix of vegetables and meat.
Prices are reasonable and cleanliness of the restaurant is at it's best.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank IT-1976

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
“Poor attitude”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited here on our way back to our hotel in the evening. I asked for two cakes and paid. When I asked for a bag, the two guys who were serving refused and started laughing at us. I said that we were travelling on and the cakes would get squashed. On their counter they had some take away boxes so I asked if I could put the cakes in one of the boxes. Again they refused and laughed at us. If I hadn't already paid, I would have given the cakes back because of their lousy attitude.
After all that, I eventually ended up with two squashed and dry cakes that didn't even taste good. This was very poor service and I would avoid this place. Maybe the cakes are better when they are just baked but after being laughed at, I would not go back to try them again.
Maybe they are nicer to tourists who spend more money.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank tiny13_uk
Kandy, Sri Lanka
“A place fo snacks as well as meals”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Restaurants and snack bars in the city of Kandy is in abundance. Out of the leading restaurants , Bake house is one of the oldest and is located in the heart of the city. The large display of short eats and snacks in the front of the restaurant enables you to have a quick snack or a carry away pack, specially for a tourist who wish to travel out of the city, at a reasonable rate. At the same time if you need to have a peaceful meal , a breakfast or a lunch, this is one of the ideal places.

Visited March 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
“A throw back to the Raj days”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After walking around Kandy for a while, we wanted to sit, and have some refreshments. We chose this place. Sit outside on the veranda overlooking the avenue. It provides shade. Sit in the large chairs, and order a gin and tonic. You will have a flashback to the days when the British ruled.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ldtc2
Fethiye, Turkey
“very good location”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

this is in the center of kandy,also this is one of the restaurant you can have alchol,most of the other restaurants do not serve alchol,you can sit on balcony and watch the one of the main street,they have also very good western meals,very clean also kind of meeting place for travellers,I recomend this place highly

• Visited February 2014