“Great restaurant”

Ranked #107 of 174 Restaurants in Kandy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The guidebook map was hopeless but we found it after walking around. Luckily someone showed us up the stairs. We were early for lunch (12pm) so were the only ones there until another group came in. I think it gets busy in the evening.

There was a varied menu and dishes our boys were happy with.

The service was good with a very friendly waiter. Great views from the balcony and interesting photographs.

Well worth the search.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Ate here instead of at my hotel and wished I hadn't. Ordered Pad Thai as a change to all the Sri Lankan rice and curry that I've consumed over the last few days but asked for just beef instead of the mixture of beef and chicken (or pork) offered. The dish was made with the wrong type of noodles, didn't have any of the normal Thai peanut sauce or egg and the meat was 60%+ grissle so 60%+ inedible. I managed to eat about 50% of the dish and removed the grissle to a separate plate. I showed this to the restaurant owner/manager and complained about the meal in general and the meat in particular. He took away the plate of grissle but never returned to respond to the compliant. After paying I tried to track him down to express my surprise that I had even been charged for the dish but when he saw me he went and hid in the bowels of the kitchen to avoid talking to me! Finally and rather strabgely, the restaurant soundsystem belted out appalling euro-pop all evening which seems incongruous with a so-called history themed restaurant!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

the restaurant is very nice, because of all this old pictures of Kandy. So the atmosphere is very pleasant. However, the food is quite disappointing... It could be much better.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just by the Thilanka. I must admit we didn't eat there. Got a tuk tuk there, took one look and decided to go somewhere else.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place ruined our evening and was the worst place we eat for the whole holiday. The service was slow and rude and we we're literally rushed out. I would never usually review somewhere on this website but just wanted to warn other travellers. . They took ages to bring my partner's soup and tuna-deficient salad (45mins) and then I had to wait even longer. Then they said my starter was not available. Then they brought us the bill (15 mins after starting) because the manager wanted to go home! Very