“Good soups, but terrible service”
Review of History Restaurant

History Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 169 Restaurants in Kandy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Went here with girlfriend for a cup of tea. Ordered also some food, but it lasted about forty minutes to get it. Although, the chicken-corn soup was delicious, so was the tea, but wouldn't visit anymore.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Downstairs there is a tea room. The restaurant is at the first floor. The decor is interesting due to the photos and old newspaper articles.
Food is good, I had a curry dish for a very low price which tasted good. The chicken was hard to find so it was almost like a vegetarian dish :-). Good value for price.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This place is quite interesting due to the photos and old newspaper articles but the service is really hopeless as others have said. The tables are inadequately laid to say the least. Lack of cutlery, side plates or napkins of any sort. We had to ask to order and again for drinks. We waited over an hour.........nobody else in the place (about half full ) was eating either, so I asked when it was coming. Then my companion's main course arrived before my starter.When I got my starter (1hr 15 mins ) the (only ) waiter told me my main choice wasn't available. Couldn't face another 1 and quarter hours so gave up. Food also indifferent and cold. Shame as it was our only night in Kandy.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Good value, while limited menu. Easy walk from hotel. Try bakery/pastries downstairs. Prices very reasonable for area

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The decor is interesting but they had no wine on the evening we came and they took almost an hour to serve us after we ordered, yet the restaurant was almost empty! We were just four sitting at our table. I had steak, it was ok. My mom ordered fettuccini but they served spaghetti and it wasn't good. Not really worth it and wouldn't recommend it on a trip to Kandy...