“Amazing home cooked food!”

Lakshmi Guest House
Ranked #84 of 182 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: Chinese, Sri Lankan
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Amazing home cooked food by a lovely Sri Lankan lady, always asking if we were happy with her cooking and if we had enough food.. very cheap and so much food!
Felt like we were in her house being cooked for..
Awesome view, sooo worth the walk up the hill!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We didn't actually stay at this guest house but ended up eating here every day for 4 days! The currys were some of the best we have had during our month in sri lanka, especially the dahl, and was so cheap too. What made it for us though was the staff. Wajira was one ofthe most accomdating people. So helpful and proprovided us with great trips for a very reasonable price. Really lovely guy. When we were there he was thinking about setting up his own travel agents, if this is done when you go there I would definitely recommend it. You can't get a better guide :)

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Rooms are basic and in serious need of even a slight upgrade. It the staff make up for it. They are really helpful and friendly. Great terrace, free wifi, good tea!! I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We decided to try food at another guest house and this one had been recommended in the Lonely Planet guide.

It was fantastic, the food was great and the service flawless. The owner/chef even came up and beamed when we said how nice the food was. He tried to fill us up with more after that but we just couldn't manage it! If I went back I'd really like to stay here - I hear the rooms are just as nice and with an atmosphere like that evening I know I'd be very happy!

1  Thank mridrid
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was recommended by a fellow traveler and was quite worth the stay. Lakshmi is a little off the main road, so it was quiet. The rooms were clean

2  Thank p31893189