“Sri Lankan hospitality and humour at its best”
Review of Green Villa Kandy

and 1 more site!
Green Villa Kandy
Ranked #52 of 445 Kandy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

How to begin? During our visit to this little home stay situated on one of Kandy's hills, we were shown incredible Sri Lankan hospitality. From the moment we arrived our hosts took great care in ensuring we knew about the many wonders Kandy had to offer and in helping us to organise our trip to take in the best sites and experiences from organising tickets to the perehera to the elephant orphanage and even a visit from the infamous Monkey man! We took up the offer of a day with the hostel's Tuk Tuk Ruwan, which was great value for money and he showed us one of the best local eateries in town. The room was simple, but very comfortable with excellent wifi access. We ate breakfasts and dinner (which are optional) are delicious and we ate at the main family table with other guests. Although the location is not central and mainly residential, it 5-10mins by Tuk Tuk and it does mean your stay is very peaceful. We were made to feel very welcome and part of the family and we would happily stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Green Villa for three nonconsecutive nights and have only good things to say about it. The people are warm, welcoming, and helpful. The rate was quite affordable. I saw both large groups and lone backpackers (like myself) while I was there. It's about a ten minute walk from Kandy Lake, which I preferred so as to be away somewhat from the noise and bustle of the city and the Temple of the Tooth complex. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SmokyJoe2114
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We got a really warm welcome by the Sri Lankan couple who run this place. The owner is a former math teacher and his wife is an Ayurvedic docter. They knew all the good spots, helped us with trips to Dambulla and Sigiriya and places to stay. When my girlfriend got ill the owners wife helped her with herbal teas and medicin, so she got back on her feet in no time! The food is great and their drivers are excellent. Thanks for the good memories Green Villa! Sanne&Ronald from the Netherlands

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Svdk123
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself and my partner used Green Villa as a base to explore Kandy and were not disappointed. This guesthouse is situated just off the central lake and away from the busy traffic and roads. It was the perfect ten minute walk into town and was easy to get back to, on foot or tuk tuk. The married couple who run the place, treated us like family and gave us excellent advice and itinerary ideas; they would organise transport for you and also cook traditional meals for a small fee. Their welcome was warm and full of hospitality and we will always remember this amazing family. This is why family run guesthouses are the best!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calvin t
Reviewed 18 May 2014

in April myself and my Sri Lanka husband stay in this beautiful relax hotel we like this place very much nice environment around quiet and very safe too . walking distance to lake around and temple of tooth , recommend to anyone .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

1st off I never write reviews..A place just has to blow me away. Well I fell in love with this guesthouse. Ive been on the road 4 months now and its the 1st time I felt like I was at home. Literally. The owners of this place are amazing people. If I had to describe them in one word it would be "Love." They offer amazing food and coffee as well..Perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BFree32
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in the very comfortable new upstairs rooms which have their own balcony and clean modern bathrooms. Our stay was made memorable though by the lovely attentive owners who made us as welcome as family. They also have a trustworthy tuk tuk driver to pick you up from the station. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kandy
Hanthana Jungle View Holiday Home
#32 of 445 in Kandy
Mohan's Alpine
Mohan's Alpine
#1 of 1 in Nillambe

Been to Green Villa Kandy? Share your experiences!