“Good breakfast”

Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Kandy
Helsinki, Finland
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The view from hotel restaurant is amazing. The restaurant was good and cheap compared to many other hotel restaurants in sri lanka. The breakfast was also the best we had in hotels in this price range and included fruits, pancakes, rice, curry, sauages, egg, toast, orange juice and tea and coffee. The rooms were fairly clean, though quite old. Also towels were old. There are also rooms with great view, though we didn't have one. We chose a room without aircon which was ok at least for one night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 3 March 2014

well, i will never forget my staying experience here. I checked in during the morning, however when the staff asked me to show the passport, i found i lost it. This is OMG!!!!!!! I lost my mind, don't know what to do and feel desperate, Jude the manager help me to call everywhere i have been to check if there is any possibility to find my passport back, it was bad luck that i called my embassy to apply for a temporary travel document. Jude help me to arrange the all the things how to go to colombo, call the ambassador try to make it quicker (the ambassador is the good friend of the hotel owner), and also help me to organize the day trip and the transportation from Kandy to Nuwara Eliye after. I am so appreciated and do love this amazing country, the whole trip in Sri Lanka is amazing.

Room Tip: to choose a A/C room is unnecessary as it's quite chill during the night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Located on Saranankara road, and with access through Rajapilla Mawatha the guest house is centrally located on top of kandy's many hills. Tuk Tuk's will struggle on the approach road, but for those driving theres a little car park. I opted for a non air conditioned room that smelled of body odour which after three nights of leaving all windows open had not abated. I spent so little time in my room yet it really did bother me. I took my own linen but what was provided by the hotel seemed alright. Bathroom was small and had no ventilation but it was functional. I requested that the floor was cleaned. Problems with damp/mildew do not seem to be a concern of the management. There are alot of monkeys around and while tourists feel this is "wildlife" its important to remember they are dangerous and unpredictable animals.

Mr Fernando - the proprietor is warm and welcoming. His staff were very obliging and accomodating of my repeated requests to clean my room, and they made me dinner on short notice one evening too.

For the price you pay this is good value for money and the service is good. Some basic maintenance and looking after of the rooms/bathrooms would go a long way i think.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems opt for rooms on the ground floor. All the windows have grills making...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed with my wife, rooms are very small, it's almost not possible to move.... Our room so close to stages so it was noisy and room has no isolation, very easily you can hear your neighbour...Food and staff were cool...Only 2 good thing about that hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank egemennemli
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

For what you can get in this area the prices are far to high, the management is really unfriendly and the room is dirty:
- we were shown a room with aircon - in the evening we wanted to turn it on- and were told that we had to pay 2500 extra..complaining that nobody told us this before the management said that this is our problem and that they will "punish" the poor boy who showed the room, no excuse, no compromise.
By the way,the windows dont close,there is no mosquito net,the bath is dirty and there was blood on the pillow in the bed.
NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL - for 45$ in a small room...luckily we only stayed one night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. Jude (the manager) and all of the staff were very welcoming and hospitable. Jude is a superb host and a very kind person who loves to make his guests feel at home. We were two women travelling alone and they helped us throughout our stay, arranging day trips out and making us feel safe and have a great time. The rooms were clean and cosy. The breakfast was very tasty. The view from the balcony is breathtaking and the hotel is only a short tuktuk ride away from the lake/centre of Kandy. This is very good value for money! We will be sure to stay there again on our next visit to Kandy! We had an unforgettable stay here thanks to Jude and all of his staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by a Sri Lankan friend of mine.
We stayed 2 nights at a cost of R5500 per night double bed non a/c.
The room we had was at the back of the hotel with the view of a tumbledown building.
The bathroom was very small & tricky to get in & out of.It had mildew.
The bedroom was small with no storage space so we had to live out of our suitcases. It also had a strange smell i couldn't trace.
The room was not serviced during our stay.
Breakfast was good & the staff friendly.
Ok for short stay