All reviews kandy city hotel group great view electric kettle tuk tuk top floor google maps rice tv hill balcony channels facilities
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Our room and bathroom were very good. I slept super well and there is almost no noise (especially compared with the hustle and bustle/ barking dogs) of Kandy. It can take a while for a tuk tuk to arrive so order one well in advance of heading out.
AC, TV, kettle all great

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 113AnneM
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This place is highly recommended to stay because of the facilities and the surroundings. Rooms are very clean, new and equipped with all facilities and you can have your own private balconies to chill by seeing the beautiful mountain scenery. It's worth from all aspects specially the amount you pay.

Room Tip: Book a room which have a balcony with the city view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Kandyan View Holiday Bungalow

This place is a gem in Kandy. I was a bit hesitant to book this place but I booked the place for its price. When I arrived at the place, I was very pleasantly surprised. The place is absolutely awesome.

I could find the place initially and I called Thilina (such a lovely polite young man) and he was more than happy to meet me from where I was and took me to the place. Hashan and Thilina were there to help me carry my stuff to my room.
I asked for a bigger room and a desk as I needed space to keep my laptop and an additional screen for work - Thilina gave me a room with an amaaaaaaaazing view.

I stayed for 5 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, all credit goes to the staff. Thilina and his team are wonderful, always there to help. I enjoyed good conversations with them. Very friendly and professional at the same. I looked forward for my dinners that was prepared by the cook (I forgot to ask his name). During my last two days of stay, another young lad (Madhumal) was there to help - another lovely lovely guy.

If you want to experience good hospitality, spend a few nights while Thilina's team is around.

I have already booked this place for another week :)

***** I've written this review to another place by mistake *****

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kennethkaushal
Kandyan View H, reservation at Kandyan View Holiday Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

we thank you for your reservation and i thank you for your write the comment.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This is managed by a hotel group , so the room is like a 4 star hotel, has a big screen TV, fridge, electric kettle, AC, nice big beds, towels laid out in a stylish manner, nice toilet with shampoo, lotion, conditioner and soaps, good shower and toilet. My room had a balcony from which you get a great view of Kandy. Staff is very friendly. I requested for vegetarian breakfast and they served me excellent healthy breakfast everyday like idyappam, rice, dal, coconut sambal, various veg curries which I really loved. They confirm with you the previous night what you would like to have, you can have western breakfast options too like omlet, toasts etc. We had our dinners in home stay too. We need to inform in advance about dinner preferably. But the food is delicious and served in generous quantities. Water bottle is charged a little high, so if convenient you can buy your water bottle outside. I stayed for 3 days and everyday I asked them to clean my room and they did a fantastic job. The TV in the room has most good channels, Hindi, Tamil, English. There could be other languages channels but I didn't focus on them. The location or route to the hotel is not correct in Google maps so it's advisable to call the hotel to navigate your driver. The hotel arranges tuk tuk if you need to go somewhere. They arranged tuk tuk for us to go to Kandy city bus stop as we wanted to go to nuwara eliya next and the driver speed us right in front of the bus which was pretty helpful. Other days we were able to hire a car using pick me app(pretty useful so try using it in Kandy, it's like uber).They even organized a car for a one day to to sigiriya for us and was reasonably priced (7000LKR in cash for the whole day hotel pick up and drop).This place has a cozy resort feel to it. I would definitely suggest this place. Friendly staff, cozy stay, great value for money.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Kandyan View H, Manager at Kandyan View Holiday Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

thank you for our distribution through this destribution adviser to learn more about our bungalow information

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This place does offer great views of Kandy and the rooms are very comfortable with all the usual amenities. In addition the staff were very friendly and helpful.
However the service does border on the comical at times. When we arrived,the reception was empty as was the hotel. We tried calling but there was no answer. We found someone asleep in the kitchen who eventually located someone to show us to our room. Also if you order dinner please allow 45 minutes for them to make it. In addition,the location is up a hill which is quite difficult to find. Tuk tuk drivers find it difficult to locate.
All that said,it has a great view of the city and it is very peaceful place to stay. In addition,they currently have a very cute kitten you can pet!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple