“Good views”

Slightly Chilled Lounge Bar (Bamboo Garden)
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Kandy
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: European, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ease on into the laidack vibes of Slightly Chilled Lounge.We have the best sunsets in Kandy town and offer, happy hour on beer between 5pm and 6pm, free wifi,live premiership and other live sporting events on a large screen, pool table, great food and friendly service. Please note we are closed on poya days( full moon)and please call for any other public holidays or elections.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Was directed here by recommendation from a local, told it was an excellent place to set, was very disappointed in it, the meals were ok and the price was good value , but they had a so called guitar player and singer there who shouldn't have been, his amp was turned up way too loud and was so distorted it really spoilt the night.

1  Thank Tony G
10-06-08, Owner at Slightly Chilled Lounge Bar (Bamboo Garden), responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thanks for your reviews and sorry about the music on that particular night. I have a daily customer who rented an amplifier and wanted to play music. It was a one off as we usually play chill out music, reggae or jazz during dinner time and house music later or I often let volunteers plug their phones into my mixer after dinner time.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 25 October 2013

In the menu it says to not leave a bad review on trip advisor without voicing your concerns to the restaurant iteself first. That would be great if there was someone to speak to. My husband and I sat there for 2 hours with a waiter only in sight once. We ordered fajitas and they were dry as hell. Then, when we tried to speak to the owner about other places he was taking a nap on a nearby couch and didn't even bother to get up to help us. So, if you want crap food and service then this is the place for you. I must exclude the very nice waiter who only helped us once. It was a pity we didn't see more of him.

4  Thank Carima16
10-06-08, Owner at Slightly Chilled Lounge Bar (Bamboo Garden), responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Unhappy Customer,
It is not nice to see such a crap review so we would like to apologise that you didn’t enjoy yourself at our place.
In the menu we have put " Before complaining on Tripadvisor, if you are unhappy with our food we'll be happy to exchange it or take it off the bill if only one or two bites have been taken. We want you to leave here with smiles on your faces" I get so many people who totally agree with what I have written. I am a little confused that you read this and felt the food was not up to standard and you did not complain at the time to my waiter who would have told my wife who is joint owner of this restaurant and was in the restaurant at the time you were there and would have asked if you want to order anything else? It does not say not to leave a complaint. I can not tell people what they can or can not do but we are trying to reduce negative reviews like this.
I asked my waiter his side of things and he said that you asked for more guacamole to which we had run out. I am sorry for this but everyday my staff give me a list of supplies to buy but advacados were not on the list and was our mistake. You did have the opportunity to complain then and not sure why you didn’t?
My waiter told me he was standing behind you for about 30 mins before asking my wife if he could be excused. At any time he was there you could have complained to him.
My wife was also in the restaurant and you told her that you or your husband had lived in Korea and that you were planning to move to Shanghai.
I was woken by my wife and she told me that there was someone looking for Western food in the city and would like to talk to me. I am sure everyone has been in the same situation but I was totally exhausted and no matter what, my whole body was in sleep mode.
I am sorry that I could not arise from the deep sleep I was in when my wife tried to get me up. I work from 10 in the morning to 12 midnight 7 days a week. We all need to take a nap in the afternoon but unfortunately the day before I had to get up at 5am to catch the early morning train to Colombo to collect our visas and buy supplies that we can not buy in Kandy and come back on the same day. I was totally exhausted as I did not get to bed until after 12 the previous night .It feels like jetlag and takes me a couple of days for my body to feel normal again. I was not trying to be rude as many reviews say I am a very helpful and friendly person. To be honest there are not really any places that I could recommend in town apart from "The PUB" for pub food and the Whitehouse which does Western food but is more known for Indian curry and are both listed on Tripadvisor and you can check their reviews. There are three places I would recommend but all these places are out of town.
Digana golf course has a great club house with amazing scenery. Great place for lunch. Earl's Regency and Citadel do a nice buffet.
I told my wife to recommend White House or a buffet at one of the hotels and fell instantly back to sleep.
To be fair this is your first ever review on Tripadvisor and I am guessing you also found us on Tripadvisor. If I was someone coming to Kandy and saw this review the question on my lips would be why didn't you look on Tripadvisor for other Western restaurants?
There is a filter that you can look for specific restaurants and you were making full use of our wifi.
And secondly, if our restaurant was that crap, with crap service, crap food and a crap atmosphere why did you stay for 2 hours?
Managing Director

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great place to just hang out in Kandy. Very modern and the food is great! The place itself is located on a higher elevation so you get a great view of kandy. If you're looking for a relaxed meal/drink, this is the place to be. The staff is friendly and the service is relatively fast. Good music too.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After a very busy day climbing up the Sigiriya & Dambulla rock temple we enjoyed ice cold beers with amazing views at Bamboo Garden. Lots of people but you don't even notice as the atmosphere is so chilled. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We witnessed the most incredible sunset and spectacular flying bats at this bar, it was the best place to see this without a doubt! The bar itself is nice, with ice cold beer and happy hour from 5-6. The food is Chinese and it was really nice, also a good change from Sri Lankan food for a night. Had a great time here.