“Hotel in the Skies”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Kandy
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hotel in the Skies”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My last trip to Sri Lanka took me to the Amaara Sky hotel which redefines the boutique hotel experience in Kandy.

The beautiful vistas from the roof, excellent food and courteous staff were some of my favourite features. However the standout highlight of this little known gem is it's Ayurvedic Spa & Jacuzzi - which in it's glass enclosure overlooks the Kandy skyline.

The hotel is very reasonably priced compared to it's competitors but the overall service & rooms set it apart from other boutique hotels in Sri Lanka.

1 Thank Charya23
DAmerasinghe, Owner at Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Hi Charya,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Amaara and thank you for your kind review!
I shall pass on your praise to our staff.

hope to see you back at Amaara in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was lucky enough to visit Amaara Sky Hotel in Kandy a month ago with a few of my friends and I have to say that it was one of the best experiences I've had in a long time, let alone one at a hotel.

There are many things that made my visit to Amaara exceptional including the rooms however what took my breath away was simply the food. I have lived outside of Sri Lanka and visited many hotels during the course of my life but what was put on the table at Amaara was beyong amazing and will probably never be match.

What was also great about Amaara is the view! Wherever you are at the hotel you get either a fantastic view overlooking the city of Kandy or the vast array of beautiful mountains that engulf the city.

I hope everybody gets the chance to stay at Amaara at some point, just to experience Kandy in a way they never have before.

Hi Ferhan,

thank you for your kind review and for staying at Amaara
I am glad you enjoyed our cuisine!

hope to see you back at Amaara Sky in the near future!
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Spent a very short holiday at this hotel, and i was completely satisfied with every aspect the place had to offer.

The location is fabulous, the hotel is set on top of a mountain and the view is incredible. Its not too far from the city center either so its perfect for anyone who wished to sightsee

The food was amazing, and seemed to be prepared by highly skilled chefs.. We spent all our time at the hotel and didnt really get out much, and we were perfectly content with the service provided.. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel right at home

We stayed at the penthouse suite which is an amazing two storey room with every imainable luxury and a lovely outdoor deck with a spelndid view of the city. we also visited the spa and indulged in massages from their very friendly and obliging staff.. it was all very relaxing!

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Kandy, whether its to relax at the hotel or get some sightseeing done, its perfect for any situation..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
DAmerasinghe, Owner at Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Hi Nishika,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Amaara Sky Hotel, and we thank you for your kind review.
You are always welcome to stay with us during your next visit to Kandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kandy
OZO Kandy Sri Lanka
Earl's Regency
Earl's Regency
#1 of 2 in Tennekumbura
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,909 reviews

Been to Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy? Share your experiences!