Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy
  • Pool
US$90
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe penthousewrap around balconysri lankasmall hotelfabulous viewslonger stayboutique hotelsuperior roomtuk tuksurrounding hillsstayed one nightour honeymoonmini barlovely hotelcomfortable roomsa lovely stayshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with a few friends at the suite and it was great. the staff were welcoming from the time we walked in. The food was particularly delicious. As it is on the peak of the mountain the views are fantastic and the surrounding so peaceful. It is an ideal place to go and unwind. Cannot wait to return on my next visit to Kandy.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is absolutely amazing, with views of both the Mountains surrounding Kandy, as well of Kandy town itself.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank K_B13231
DAmerasinghe, Owner at Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed their stay at the Amaara Sky Hotel. As you have mentioned we are right on the peak of the Bahirawakanda mountain, hence getting a panoramic view of the surrounding valleys.

Hope to have you and your friends back at the Amaara Sky on your next visit to Kandy

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed in Amaara Sky this week in the Amaara Penthouse. The Hotel was in a great location with a beautiful entrance. The Penthouse was very spacious and comfortable. The interiors were very classy and there are beautiful balconies in most of the rooms with a great view of the city of Kandy. We enjoyed our stay very much and also enjoyed a scrumptious Eastern Breakfast in the restaurant terrace. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you once again for the great stay Amaara Sky team.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Minalir,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our Duplex Penthouse Suite and breakfast at the terrace during your stay. The Amaara Sky team would love to have you back with us on your next visit to Kandy

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at your beautiful hotel. The Penthouse, we occupied was very tastefully done.It provides all amenities / facilities what a discerning client would look for. The view from the room was so beautiful -its breathtaking. The staff was very friendly and caring, that makes your stay so comfortable. Having breakfast at the open verandah, enjoying the view overlooking Kandy was very relaxing. All in all, although brief, it was an '' excellent experience'', staying at Amaara Sky Hotel in Kandy.

Room Tip: Penthouse provides all amenities / facilities what a discerning client would look for
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Saman,

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you enjoyed our Penthouse Suite and all it has to offer. Will pass on the compliments about the breakfast to our chef. No doubt he will be pleased to hear your kind words. Hope to have you back at the Amaara Sky on your next visit to Kandy.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

It's my first night at the aamara sky after getting back from colombo, Cinnamon Grand and Green Paradise in Dubwulla. At first impression the hotel is quaint and sweet and a lovely welcoming by a very professional couple of ladies who gave us lemon grass soup to welcome us in. The hotel was very very quiet with only two other guests in house. My brother and I shared a twin room and my parents a double.. Well the difference is incredible. A double room is huge, clean with a great view. The twin is tiny, basic and certainly needs a revamp.. I find it hard to believe that the hotel has only been open for a year, other than the art and the immaculate dining area, there is nothing new about it..I simply require the basics in a hotel... Clean sheets and a clean bathroom/ towels.. Unfortunately I have had neither :( ( my too sheets had blood stains on them so I had to request clean ones, this put me off sleeping at all) the sheets sent up had pen marks all over them... Genuinely speechless, but I have settled for this as biro pen is better than blood!! is pretty out of the way and they unfortunately do not have a bar licence so it's either extremely poor tasting, highly expensive wine, lion beer or soft drinks. I thought the service was very professional throughout.
I understand they are very quiet at present, but there is no ambience here, which is such a shame as there is potential here! The hotel is so out of the way that on the Saturday night we couldn't get a taxi into town so were stuck in the hotel all night..there was no list of taxi services at reception, it got to the point where I was googling taxi numbers for then to call. Being on a high cliff and seeing how crazy the tuktuk drivers are.. This was not ideal at all. At this moment in time I will not be recommending this hotel going forward, which is a shame as I has high hopes from the reviews, housekeeping need a real kick up the backside as behind our bedside table ( there is a gap) it looked like it hadn't been hoovered in a very long time! Dead flies and dirt galore!! It is basically a premier inn hotel equivalent ( London 3 star basic hotel) having said that my parents were very happy with their huge room and my the massages in the spa are also very good and reasonably priced ( $40 for 1 hour)
The showers do need a refurb as well.. I hate to complain as the staff were super nice, but just not able to help with basic requirements.
Something good is, that we didn't like anything in the set menu and so requested to eat something else from the Al carte menu and this wasn't a problem.. Food is very good and presentation is excellent. Also, there is fast and free wifi throughout..they are really kind people and very hospitable but this hotel is fine if you don't want to venture out at night and happy to be in bed by 21:00 each night :( .. Does have an excellent view though and Terrance is very nice.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sel48
DAmerasinghe, Owner at Amaara Sky Hotel Kandy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

As you must be aware both you and your parents were booked into our standard rooms. We had arranged to upgrade both to our larger Deluxe category, however since you and your brother required a twin room we were requested the same (we do not have Deluxe Twin rooms).

I am surprised to hear your comments about the linen, we apologies for this and find this unacceptable. We have asked our housekeeping team to look into this immediately and remove any sheets with stains as you claim to have had in your room. We are genuinely sorry if this was the case.

Our goal at the Amaara Sky is to give our guests as much privacy and homely atmosphere as possible. I apologies if this was not to your liking. I have asked our reception to have a list of Taxi services available, thank you for your feedback regarding this.

I am glad you enjoyed our Spa therapy and that our food and staff were able to make your stay more enjoyable. Hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to Kandy and we can leave an improved impression on you.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Amaara Sky was more then I expected and can be counted as a boutique hotel it caters to the discerning traveller who wants to get away from the maddening crowd where they will be looked after by caring staff and fed by a very talented Chef. Perched on a cliff it gives you an breathtaking aerial view from every room of the still unspoilt vegetation of Sri Lanka against the back drop of hillsl. I truly recommend this hideout. The personalised attention is a reflection of the good relationship between the Management and the employees they were excellent and that harmony is so reflected in their desire to make my stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: all the rooms have been designed to give you a great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melba d

Dear Melba,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave us your thoughts. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Amaara Sky Hotel. I will pass on your comments to our staff and they will be undoubtedly thrilled to have left such an impression on you. looking forward to welcoming you back to the Amaara Sky on your next visit to Kandy.