“NEVER EVER book this hotel”
Review of Hotel Sunny Lanka

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Hotel Sunny Lanka
Ranked #277 of 438 Kandy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was in kandy this Aug 2013, and the there was a festival so I and m friend had no place to go all was fully booked. than we looked up alot and found Hotel Sunny Lanka on agoda. the hotel is located on the hill. very high and far from everything such a very scary area no lights no cars not even ppl. it was the middle of the night..and when I first entered the hotel it was empty not even a single customers in there. dark and doggy. I wanted to leave but I had no place to go all was fully booked than i decided to stay when 4 ppl came in looking for a room.

I was utterly scared I have traveled alot but in my whole life never seen such a place. its not a hotel its a house! big and empty and dark.. i looked like a haunted house. so dusty and full of spider nets everywhere. the rooms I can never describe how dirty it was!! the floor was oily and dusty and there was all types insects and tons of lizards and cockroaches. the place smelled so bad and u can barely breath. there was no water in the sink tap at the toilet

extremely terrible Not worth $30 at all. I couldn't stand staying there even for a second and went down to ask back for my money especially when I found out i was roped as boss made me pay 30$ and rented out the same room for those ppl for 20$. than we all argued with the boss after finding out the filthy game than left the hotel..it ended up empty again

DONT believe the pics posted on Agoda its not even close to reality. they give different rates for different races so unfair!! plus it's dirty, scary and unsafe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

It was the Perahara festival when we were visiting Kandy so everything was booked up or really expensive - except this place! Couldn't find any reviews online so took a gamble and actually had a very nice stay. Complimentary pick up from the train station by the owner who was very friendly. In fact all the staff were great and were able to give us a lot of information on where to go/how to get there. Even recommending local transport rather than pushing a tuk tuk or a driver that tends to be the case in Sri Lanka. The breakfast was a HUGE plate of fruit, with the usual tea, egg, and infinite toast - very good. Rooms were fine - very spacious, mosquito net, fan worked well, decent wifi. The only problem we had was the shared bathroom. I think most have private but ours was shared with one other room - as it is in between the two rooms! This means that you have to lock the other persons door so they don't walk on you. So if you have a forgetful neighbour who forgets to unlock your door it will cause problems! Overall though we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013