US$66
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$91
US$97
US$86
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$96
US$55
US$53
  • Pool
1,274 results
All reviewsheritage hotelwooden floorskandy lakecolonial architecturebygone eratooth relicthe location is perfectview of the lakebuffet breakfastcentre of towntuk tukdaladabuddhist
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had an overall pleasant stay with my family at Queens hotel. The best part is the location - near hustle and bustle - shopping and KFC at walking distance. Rooms are very comfortable. i can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in city center with all the activities around.

Room Tip: Take balcony with Kandy lake view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doctorfaraz
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my wife stayed at Queens hotel for one night on our round trip to Sri Lanka i feb. 2014.
The good thing is that the hotel has a very cetral location in Kandy. But the hotel certaly has seen better days. The sevice war very very slow, the rooms not so good. Anoteher nice thing is the swimingpool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stalemann
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for a night, when we got into Kandy.

The good:

It's just next to the Sacred Tooth Relic Temple- you just walk across the road.
It faces the beautiful Kandy river.
Breakfast was fantastic!

The bad:
The rooms are old, and the beds are way too soft.
Service is a bit slow, because they seem understaffed.
Lift only serves 2 floors, and only ONE lift.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were 2 families (5 children and 4 adults) traveling through this beautiful country last summer(my husband is half Sri Lankan). One of the highlights was the perehera which is a truly amazing experience. We asked our travel agent to book us rooms at the queens with view on the perehera. It turned out that 3 rooms were on the same floor but not next to each other and one room was completely in the opposite direction in the attic! With young children that is not ideal. Nothing could be changed so we coped with it. Then in the evening we asked to get our space for the perehera as the rooms didn't look onto the right street and it turned out that again we were put in the attic next to all the drivers and staff. Our driver and guide were really nice people but one could see that they were irritated by us being next to them. This room was miles away from the anything (loo&buffet). It had a a window where you could fit 5-6 people in front which meant there were constant discussions who could see what. We paid a fortune for this event and what we got from the hotel was not standing up to that. We complained to our travel agent Aiken spence but the queens never came back to them. Probably they don't need to because at that time of the year they will always have a full house and they can do what they want. But it's disappointing and too expensive in our case. We didn't like that they even tried to sell it to us as a very special room they gave us!! We knew this was wrong!
The hotel in itself has nice colonial features, the rooms are not fancy but ok and brilliant location for the temple. The food is acceptable.
All in all from a hotel point of view disappointing, but the perehera is amazing.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My experience here was disappointing. The location is great - right across from the Lake and across the street from the entrance to the Temple of the Tooth. And the breakfast and lunch buffets were very nice. That's pretty much where the good ends. My room, 201, was not what I had hoped. For starters, the shower door did not close. That was repaired after I complained. I placed the stopper in the sink, filled the sink with water and only then realized there was no way to extract the stopper. I had to wait for maintenance to come and repair (a second maintenance call). Perhaps the most challenging part of my stay was figuring out how and where to plug in the tea pot provided. You have a choice to use the single outlet for the TV or the single outlet for the coffee pot. Don't even consider plugging in a laptop! Sleeping was a challenge. There is absolutely no soundproofing. People talking in the hallways are like someone talking in an adjacent room with the doors between the two open. The transom door to the room means the hallway light pours into the room at night through the glass panel at the top. There is no way to darken the room. The pool was lovely. Unfortunately, when I went to use it the pool attendant, the keeper of the towels, was no where to be found. When I finally did go for a swim I discovered the pool was completely taken over by a swim team of 10-12 kids who were doing timed sprints. The front desk was less than helpful. The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens (which you definitely should see) are listed as #3 on the Kandy Attractions posted prominently in the hotel lobby. I asked for a map of the city (none available so they said) and its direction from the hotel. The front desk never heard of it. They sent me to the in-house travel agency. He did not have an answer and sent me to the hotel's currency exchange desk (really). Bottom line - there are several hotels along Kandy Lake, including the Hotel Suisse. I would try another one and give this a skip.

Room Tip: Avoid room 201 at all costs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo