See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I rented the entire villa in February with my cousins. Its a new, well designed villa that has been tastefully done up.The owner is an architect and you can see that looking at the design and the various artefacts kept throughout the house. All rooms are well furnished and the toilets beautiful and clean. The only down sides are the pool advertised is actually a small water body and we can only dip our feet. There are no shops nearby and getting to one is difficult if you don't have your own transportation. To get to the main living area you have to climb a flight of stairs with one bedroom in the basement within the garage which we did not use.The bedrooms are on different levels with steps leading to the various levels and I felt it would be difficult for older people. But for youngsters its the ideal place for a hangout.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank yasir74
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Usually I don’t go to Kandy since I live in Colombo and I’d prefer to go to the beach or somewhere nature-oriented. Nisala Villa won me over and made me realize that I should’ve given Kandy more of a chance.

You can tell that whomever built this place knew how to make every inch count. This villa makes the best use of the space possible. I went with a group of about 5-10 people and it was perfect! The bedrooms are far away from the dining and living room area so it’s great if you’re with a group of people who want to go to sleep at different times and have their own privacy away from the action. It even has a personal swimming pool that overflows into a waterfall.

Apparently there’s a local village family that will make the food for you on request. The mother was unfortunately sick when we went but the housekeeper managed to get us food from a place nearby and it was delicious.

If you have a day or a week planned in Kandy, this is a great place to come back to.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke T
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our one-night stay at this beautifully designed house. The house is in a quiet setting away from the hustle and bustle usually found in big cities. It is fairly close to the Kandy town and is an ideal location to explore Kandy and other areas including Peradeniya and Digana. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, with a view of the terrace that encloses the property. The bathrooms were modern and well-designed, incorporating natural light with glass roofing panels. We cooked dinner and breakfast in the well-equipped kitchen. Relaxing in the plunge pool and outdoor terrace on a Sunday morning was sheer perfection. Can't wait for my next visit to Nisala Villa!

This is an ideal spot for friends and families looking for a weekend getaway in the Kandy area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zara M
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at the Nisala Villa last weekend and it was just beautiful.
A stunning Villa with a lot of love for the detail. The lighting was amazing both at night and day time. The architect used a lot of the natural conditions for the villa which makes it even more unique.
The open kitchen with dining/livingroom and the nice big terrace with a pool are great to hang out, the rooms are really nice and clean and the beds are so comfortable that it is hard to get up in the morning.
The bathrooms are very nice and clean with amazing lighting as well.
The kitchen has everything you need and is full equiped with new and modern utensils.
All in all this is one of the nicest places I have been to in Sri Lanka.
Unfortunately we only stayed one night but i really hope to go back soon and spend a bit more time at that peaceful and relaxed place.

• Stayed: August 2014