See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Great Villa in the hills. We went to kandy from hikkaduwa and it was a good experience. staff was good and meals were great. Definitely coming back for the perehara time. A little bit out from the main city but very peaceful and had a good time

Date of stay: August 2015
2  Thank Irfad N
Reviewed 31 March 2015

I live in Colombo and this is a beautiful place to retreat for the weekend. The home is beautifully designed and all the room have their own small garden. Overall the home is cool but Kandy weather can change in an instant so if you get warm you can jump into the plunge pool or turn on of the pedestal fans to cool down. My friends and I hung out on the patio, played games, and just relaxed. Nisala Villa was able to arrange a typical Sri Lankan dinner for us at a very reasonable cost - just be sure to ask they be light on the rice! The kitchen is fully equipped and we were able to make our own breakfast!

It is a little removed from the center of town so it makes for a perfect low-key weekend. However, if you are looking to be in the center of town this may not be this place for you- you can easily take a tuk into town and spend the day but you wont find any restaurants of sights near the Villa (well none that I noticed) but there are a bunch of cade's and other food stands that were good. It is ideal for a group of friends, a couples retreat, or a family vacation. Enjoy!

Date of stay: March 2015
1  Thank Kelsi S
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I rented the entire villa in February with my cousins. Its a new, well designed villa that has been tastefully done up.The owner is an architect and you can see that looking at the design and the various artefacts kept throughout the house. All rooms are well furnished and the toilets beautiful and clean. The only down sides are the pool advertised is actually a small water body and we can only dip our feet. There are no shops nearby and getting to one is difficult if you don't have your own transportation. To get to the main living area you have to climb a flight of stairs with one bedroom in the basement within the garage which we did not use.The bedrooms are on different levels with steps leading to the various levels and I felt it would be difficult for older people. But for youngsters its the ideal place for a hangout.

Date of stay: February 2015
3  Thank yasir74
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Usually I don’t go to Kandy since I live in Colombo and I’d prefer to go to the beach or somewhere nature-oriented. Nisala Villa won me over and made me realize that I should’ve given Kandy more of a chance.

You can tell that whomever built this place knew how to make every inch count. This villa makes the best use of the space possible. I went with a group of about 5-10 people and it was perfect! The bedrooms are far away from the dining and living room area so it’s great if you’re with a group of people who want to go to sleep at different times and have their own privacy away from the action. It even has a personal swimming pool that overflows into a waterfall.

Apparently there’s a local village family that will make the food for you on request. The mother was unfortunately sick when we went but the housekeeper managed to get us food from a place nearby and it was delicious.

If you have a day or a week planned in Kandy, this is a great place to come back to.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Luke T
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our one-night stay at this beautifully designed house. The house is in a quiet setting away from the hustle and bustle usually found in big cities. It is fairly close to the Kandy town and is an ideal location to explore Kandy and other areas including Peradeniya and Digana. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, with a view of the terrace that encloses the property. The bathrooms were modern and well-designed, incorporating natural light with glass roofing panels. We cooked dinner and breakfast in the well-equipped kitchen. Relaxing in the plunge pool and outdoor terrace on a Sunday morning was sheer perfection. Can't wait for my next visit to Nisala Villa!

This is an ideal spot for friends and families looking for a weekend getaway in the Kandy area.

Date of stay: September 2014