When doing a 2-days trip to Kandy-Nuwara Eliya with Ruchi Tailored Tours (from The Blue Water hotel in Wadduwa), we stayed over in the ‘Cinnamon Citadel Kandy’ hotel, and we really can recommend this hotel! This hotel had just been renovated, as it opened again beginning of October 2012. Not only has there been a change in name from ‘Chayaa’ into ‘Cinnamon’, but when checking earlier reviews and photos, this hotel has undergone a true metamorphosis. It now is very modern, with a bright, white marble interior, very spacious rooms and a nice buffet for dinner and breakfast. The staff was also extremely helpful and friendly. This really is a very nice place to relax after a busy day of visiting the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel