It's a good resort 3-4 star- moderate sized and well kept. The location is a bit of a drive in the hills which makes it peaceful to stay in but a bit difficult to access from Kandy city centre
The rooms are good but not very cosy. I took some time to get used to the room - a bit bare, slightly dark and gloomy. However provides a goodnights sleep. Good views of the river in the hills outside.
It does have free wifi (even in the rooms) which is a plus but agoda,s etc somehow don't show this.
Not much to do or eat outside so you will be pretty much restricted to the food and activities in the hotel. Restaurants are a bit expensive and serve a reasonable buffet dinner.
Breakfast was ok with not so many choices
All in all good for 1-2 nights stop over in Kandy for relaxation and limited outings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel