We stayed here for 1 night during our trip around Sri Lanka. First impressions were great - the reception and bar areas are beautifully designed and look out over the swimming pool to the river. Our room was very large, comfortable and clean and also had a view towards the river, although the decor is becoming a bit dated. The hotel is conveniently located for Kandy city centre while still being in a peaceful, quiet location.
Food was good, although the local dishes nowhere near spicy enough! Service in the restaurant could have been better - we were asked for our room number by three different members of staff, only to have to spend 15 minutes trying to get the bill to sign when we were ready to leave. The restaurant was also a bit bright and noisy, with several large tour groups. Overall, though, a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel