We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the riverside location very much, the fruit bats flying by every night at dusk were an amazing sight. Our ground floor room opening out onto the gardens was very comfortable and clean. The swimming pool was also very nice. The staff were friendly and smiley although on occasions the service was very slow. We enjoyed the food and the breakfast was especially good. This is a good location for visiting Kandy away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel