We stayed here for 1 night.
When we got the room it smelt moldy and wasn't very clean (a lot of dead, and living, bugs). We asked the staff to clean it, and they did, but the room still smelt moldy...
The staff were fine, but less caring and attentive than in other places in Sri Lanka.
The food was fine.
The view from the lobby is really amazing, especially from the pool. The rest of the hotel looked a little run down, especially the corridors leading to the rooms.
We were a bit disappointed, but this is an OK hotel. If we're ever back in Kandy, we'll probably stay in another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel