The view and location of this hotel is stunning, the open bar area and pool overlooks the river and jungle it is really beautiful. A nice place to stay despite being quite far from the center (15 mins tuk tuk approx.) a peaceful contrast to the hustle and bustle of Kandy. The room was nice and spacious quite dark but luxurious and beautifully decorated overlooking the river. It was fairly expensive as far as food and drink goes for Sri Lanka but expected in a hotel such as this. Staff were friendly and could arrange drivers for us including a day trip to Siguriya (around 2 hours to get there). Overall this is a beautiful hotel which I would recommend for a relaxing stay close to Kandy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel